Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ky

The Ornate Oak doors swung open drowning the throne room in golden sunlight. Upon a gem encrusted throne sat a well built man, a warrior by his looks with well built muscles and figure only just now seeming to succumb to age. 

"Your Royal Highness" called a page that preceded the two man party "I present to you Lord Ama Arenson, Son of Power and a lord of this very court and his companion S'argt Dalvarnar" Both men stepped forward as the large oaken doors swung closed. 

Both men stood tall, there heads easily clearing six feet, the similarities ending there. One man had deep violet hair the length of his back whilst the other had silver hair to his shoulders, one had a build of a dancer the other a warrior built for fighting wild beasts bare handed, his arms and legs knotted like ancient trees with muscle and sinew. Ama stepped forward bowing his sleek form deeply

"Your Highness" he said formally his deep violet hair swishing as he straightened "I have returned from my mission with news" The king rose from his throne

"Then lets us retire to the council chambers so that we may make heads or tails of these rumours" said the king in a voice that would of moved men in past years. "And bring your warrior companion with you lest the guards test their skill and find themselves injured" a small smile as he looked Dalvarnar up and down. 

Both Ama and Dalvarnar followed quietly at a respectful distance from the king. 

"I used to be a soldier once!" mused the king "Those were the days see a threat and walk out and meet it" his face saddened "these days it appears that everybody else gets to have the fun whilst I sit and polish my fingernails" He smiled suddenly "Well the old boot strap might be able to see some action after all, depending what news Ama brings 'ey?" he opened a heavy wooden door ,cross hatched with worked iron. The door opened into a round chamber with an intricately carved wooden table at the centre. At the table sat 4 men. 

"My lord" said a chain-mail clad man standing. The king nodded to him and the other men at the table. 

"I thought it odd that the king would see us alone" mumbled Ama to his warrior companion

The king turned a sly smile on his lips "Yes my council was very adamant that I do not meet with you alone. But thankfully I out rank them" he laughed loudly sitting in the rooms highest chair and nodding for the men accompanying him to sit. Ama bowed his head first to the king then the others at the table.

"Warleader Alec" bowing his head to the warrior in chain-mail, "Scholar Sanchez" an elderly man with white hair and beard to his waist "Lord Miguel and Admiral Cassandra" Dalvarnar nodded to all in turn. 

"Now that all formalities have been dealt with" said the king with a small note of disgust in his voice. "Down to business" he looked to Ama "What news?"

"Your majesty, the rumours are true” said Ama sighing “The Empire of Void makes war! And that is about where it stops making sense!” he slumped back into his chair, “They marshal their forces on the west bank of the mu'ghandi river within their borders” 

“Well this is odd! Its is the furthest point away from our borders that Kir has a solid hold on” 

“Hmmm!?!” said Sanchez thoughtful “All that sits on that border of Kir’s territory is the Wastelands and that place is as barren as they come!” 

“That is true my lords!” said Ama’s until now silent companion “I hope I do not intrude on this council?” 

“No please if you could make sense of this maniac I would be well pleased” said the king a slight note of desperation in his voice

“The wasteland is not as barren as you think and is twice the size then most know!” he paused “There is life in that place though not life as you or your beautiful Kingdom of power would see it. Even the Knight-Monks of Ker’mesh would, as you have already done, call that place barren!” 

“Though you say it is not?” prompted the king 

“No it is not” he replied, “There is life within the stone walls of that abyss." he paused looking at the mail clad Warleader "Sir what is the greatest beast that you have ever felled?"
The Warleader rose throwing back his shoulders "A wyvern once troubled our lands and my men and I dealt with it"

"Did you fell it?" Asked Dalvarnar

"Yes, it is now a trophy on the walls of the barracks" answered the general proudly

"Then congratulations to you and your men" he smiled slightly "Have you ever seen a Truak?" The Warleader looked at him curiously shrugging his shoulders

"A Truak is a beast of legend" said Sanchez looking at the Warleader "said to be 9 feet tall, as round as a tavern and as ugly as a shaken mountain side with a hide to match!" Dalvarnar nodded almost laughing
"Not quite but damn near close" all the eyes in the room were on him now "the wastelands are home to many lifeforms the Truak being the largest of them.

"How do you know this Lord Dalvarnar?" asked Miguel. Dalvarnar bowed his head to the man

"I know this for not only have I walked in the wastelands I have fought in the wastelands for my very soul”

"Then you must be a skilled warrior indeed" said Miguel doubtfully

"I am the most skilled warrior in my clan hence the title S'argt, Guardian in the old tongue" Said Dalvarnar without a hint of pride

"Oh?" Miguel's face blushed crimson, the king laughed

"It seems Dalvarnar has called you Miguel, good show" the king took a breath "Now if we are to believe you, why would that devilish son of void want to wrestle with the wasteland."

"I can only guess but" Dalvarnar looked directly at the king "He seems to think he can tame the wilderness of the wasteland and use them as weapons for war" The kings face was pale. Though the Warleader spoke

"Is this possible" 

"Not in his most feverish dreams" the room breathed a sigh of relief "Though the consequences of his actions will be much worse" He held everyone's attention once again "He will march his armies into the wasteland and within that abyss he will fall. But what starts with him will end with the destruction of the world!"

The king fainted


© 2014 Ky


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! I hope you plan on writing more! Not my usual type of novel to read, but I'm darn glad I did! It is awesome!

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 22, 2014
Last Updated on July 22, 2014


Author

Ky
Ky

Newcastle, Australia



About
The first book I remember reading was R.A.Salvatores "The Crystal Shard" after reading that i began my quest to write something that would give a new generation of readers the same experience as i got.. more..

Writing
Opening Opening

A Chapter by Ky


Foundling Foundling

A Chapter by Ky


Adopted Adopted

A Chapter by Ky