Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rachael

  The harsh words belied the beautifully deep voice. Addie furrowed her brow in confusion. Biting her lip in thought, she decided upon being nice. It was probably just stress making him so rude: being the new kid and all.
     "I'm really sorry I ran into you. My name is Adelaide Taylor, but everyone just calls me Addie. Welcome to Redgrove High." The smile she had plastered on her face under such strained circumstances drooped as the scowl remained. In an attempt to ease the tension, she bent over and began to pick up the books that had flown from his arms when they collided."
     "Leave them!" The sudden outburst made Addie flinch and drop the few books she had gathered. The initial shock was quickly replaced by anger.
     "Look here mister! I don't know why you're being so rude! All I did was run into you, which was obviously an accident, and then I try to be civil and pick up your books and you snap at me!" Her frustrated eyes met his, taking in how his black eyes darkened even more in rage, and his breathing quickened as if he was attempting to keep a lid on his anger. His lip curled, and something that sounded strangely like a growl passed his lips. Addie backed up slowly is surprise, before turning tail and hurrying towards her next class.
     She worried her lip between her teeth while her thoughts stayed firmly planted around him. Sitting down at her next class , she absently retrieved the Anatomy textbook as she waited for class to begin. The bell rang, causing her to almost just a foot into the air. Addie concentrated on focusing her attention on the teacher. The figure beside Mrs. Rides made her blood run cold. The new kid lounged against the back of her desk, looking relaxed and carefree. His eyes scanned the room lazily. When his eyes settled on her, he stiffened.
     "Alright, alright. Settle down," Mrs. Rides voiced loudly to settle the room. "We have a new student. Mr. Calvin Bennett from Colorado. I trust that everyone will be welcoming to him. It seems the class is full at the moment and everyone else already has partners..." Addie felt her stomach drop as Mrs. Rides eyes landed on the empty lab table she was sitting at.
     "Oh! Addie over there doesn't have one. I almost forgot. She'll help bring you up to date. Here's your textbook. We're starting on page 102 today." Calvin's cool eyes settled on her again, smothering her in their intense gaze. All of the girls in the class glared at her.
     You can have him, she thought. He walked over to her table stiffly, setting his book a little too forcefully against it. He sat on the stool, keeping his eyes straight forward, ignoring her completely. His jaw was clenched and he ground his teeth back and forth, leaving Addie to wonder what she did that made him hate her so much. The class dragged by with an uncomfortable silence blanketing their table. Addie tried to focus on the teacher, but her eyes kept straying to the new guy. The second the bell rang to dismiss class, he was out of his seat and out the door before it stopped. She gathered her things before heading to lunch. She headed outside to the lunch table where Sam already waited, bouncing in barely restrained excitement. The moment Addie sat down, Sam exploded into conversation.
     "Did you see how hot he is! I have never seen someone so hot! He soooo pulls off that bad boy image. I haven't had the chance to talk to him yet, but I am so going for the digits. Maybe he has a motorcycle that we can ride off into the sunset together!" Addie rolled her eyes in exasperation. Same was ever the romantic.
     "Good luck Sam. I ran into him, and all he is, is a big jerk. I thought he was going to bite my head off for bumping into him. And he's in my Anatomy class and worse yet, my lab partner. All he did during class was ignore me and then take off like the hounds of hell were nipping at his heels."
     "Give him a chance Addie! It's his first day. Once he settles in, I'm sure he'll be much nicer. Do you think he styles his hair to look like he just rolled out of bed, or is it just naturally like that? God he's so hot!" Sam's ramblings were starting to grate on her nerves. Admittedly, he was super hot, but he had the attitude of jerk. Addie didn't have the slightest inkling to ever talk to him again, let alone have her friend fall in love with him and then be left to pick up the pieces when he got tired of her. It was torture enough being in the same high school with him. She glanced down at the table, Sam's voice nothing more than background noise at the moment. Slowly, the concrete table blurred, blending in with the grass at her feet and before she knew it, she was swept up in another daydream. 
     Calvin was standing just at the edge of the woods, the trees behind him dark and menacing. He was looking behind him, but quickly snapped his head forward to land his dark gaze on Addie. His eyes glanced at hers briefly before settling on something over her right shoulder. His expression was instantly one of rage. His lip curled menacingly, and snarl sprang forth. It was loud and instantly filled her with terror. His face contorted, the edges blurring and changing. His jaw shifted forward and his ears grew larger and pulled to a tip at the top. He tilted his head back and he let out a roar that shook the trees. 
     Addie woke from the daydream with a start. Focusing her eyes in front of her, she found Calvin sitting there, staring straight at her.


© 2014 Rachael


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on January 8, 2014
Last Updated on January 8, 2014


Author

Rachael
Rachael

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rachael


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Rachael


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Rachael