Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Rachael

Hey guys! Hopefully the story is starting to get interesting. Lots of thing happening in this chapter. I would absolutely LOVE if you dropped me a comment and told me what you think of the story, whether good or bad. I'm always open for ideas because even I don't know where this story is going. I'm just a wing it kind of girl so it'll be a surprise to me as well. Hope you enjoy!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

     The woods were dark. All of the heat seemed to have evaporated, leaving the temperature cool enough to be considered cold. Addie hugged her arms, rubbing them ferociously. She swept her eyes side to side, searching for Calvin. He couldn't have gone that far. She had been right behind him only a second ago. She wandered in a little further. She rounded a tree, and saw a flash of the black shirt he had been wearing. She sighed in relief, hiking her way around the tree. She suddenly stopped in her tracks just out of sight when she heard another voice. She peeked around the tree slowly.
     There, in a clearing, was Calvin and two other guys she had never seen before. It was a surprise seeing not only one person, but two, that she didn't know. It was such a small town that everyone knew everyone. One stood beside Calvin. He had blonde hair, and was wearing a green shirt with jeans. He was very good looking. He seemed agitated at the guy in front of them. His hair was as black as Calvin's was, and he wore the same dark clothing. His face was probably handsome, but at the moment it was hidden behind the hideous sneer he was wearing. Sneer guy spoke first.
     "I want to know where she is. She must be here. You've moved all the way out here to the middle of nowhere Montana for something. Tell us and we'll leave you alive." His eyes flashed in fury when Calvin rolled his eyes.
     "We moved out here in hopes of escaping your mangy hides. Imagine our disappointment when we found out you followed us. Likes dogs on a leash Derek." That made Derek growled.
     "Last chance Calvin. We will find her with or without your help. She's just one weak human. She won't put up much of a fight." Calvin mumbled something under his breath that Addie couldn't hear, and, without warning, Derek lunged at the others. He tackled the blonde headed one, his hand going back before slashing at his chest. Except, instead of fingernails scratching him, there were sharp claws on each fingertip. Addie gasped in horror, rooted to the spot and unable to make her feet move even though her brain screamed otherwise. Derek's face had started to morph, straining to make enough room for all the sharp teeth that he had in his mouth. It was like her dream all over again. Calvin had grabbed Derek from behind by the arms. He yanked him off of the other guy roughly, throwing him across the clearing. He turned to his companion who was still on the ground trying to get up.
     "Jace!" Derek had gotten up and flew towards Calvin, catching him by surprise. He picked him up and effortlessly threw him into a tree, which shattered under the force. Derek stalked towards him slowly.
     "You're going to regret that Bennett," he sneered. Addie was moving before she realized what she was doing. She grabbed a thick branch lying on the ground and charged towards Derek. She brought the branch down as hard as she could on his head, breathing hard. For a second, everything was still. Calvin and Jace were looking at her, their eyes wide in horror. Derek's head gradually turned to look at her. His face was terrifying up close. The teeth were even sharper looking than she thought and covered in foamy drool. His eyes were yellow, filled with uncontrollable fury. 
     He snarled as he brought his hand back, swinging it forward and viciously backhanding her. The force of the hit slammed her flat on the ground. Agony erupted from the side of her face. It blurred her vision and turned her stomach. Groaning, she rolled onto her stomach. She distantly thought she heard someone calling her name, but the roar of her blood drowned out the sound. Realization dawned on Derek. His grin went from sadistically pleased to downright terrifying. 
     "So this is the girl then? What a pathetic thing. She doesn't look as if she could hurt a fly." He started towards her again, but Calvin had lunged for him. They both crashed to the ground in a flurry of limbs and fists. Calvin pinned Derek underneath him, barely able to hold him, and looked up to Jace with wild eyes.
     "Get her out of here! I'll hold him off your trail just GO!" Jace nodded immediately and struggled into a kneeling position before he stood. He shrugged off the last of the pain from his healed wounds and ran over to Addie. He hauled her up to stand and took off into the woods, practically dragging her along. Her head swam and everything was blurry. The trees threatened to swallow her into their black depths. She blinked frantically to rid herself of the awful sensation. Finally her head cleared enough to grasp what was going on. Upon seeing the stranger pulling her along, she dug in her heels and brought them to a stop. He tugged impatiently.
     "Come on! We have to get out of here!" She shook her head stubbornly.
     "No. Not until you tell me what in the heck is going on. Who was that guy? What was that guy? He had claws! We have to go help Calvin! We can't leave him there all alone with that psycho!"
     "I will tell you everything when we get away, but right now we need to get out of here! Calvin can take care of himself. He's a-" Jace was cut off when a black mass slammed into his side, sending him to the ground unconscious. The mass stood up, revealing itself to be a woman. Her dark brown hair was pulled into a tight ponytail and she wore bright red lipstick. Her eyes were like Derek's: yellow and glowing. Addie backed away from the woman.
     A twig snapped. Dozens of dark clothed people slinked out of the darkness of the woods. They all looked the same. Dark and yellow eyed. The red lipped woman spoke up.
     "At long last. We have The Shadow. Alpha said to take her alive. First we deal with the mutt." She yanked Jace up by his shirt, setting her claws at his neck. Addie jumped forward to grab her hand, but someone wound vice-like arms around her, effectively keeping her from moving at all. She struggled and screamed. The woman's finger twitched and a drop of blood rolled down Jace's neck.
     The sight of it made something in Addie's head stir. The strange feeling spread to her entire body. It felt strained like in the dream; almost as if a rubber band was being pulled taut. When the woman pulled her hand back to deliver the killing blow, all Hell broke loose.
     Addie screamed at the sky, her head falling backwards. Her hands threw themselves outwards on their own accord, as a force shot from them. Jace slumped to the ground as the woman and all of the others were hurled away. Trees splintered and flew back. Leaves and small rocks swirled around them rapidly. The feeling was becoming too much to handle. It was building and building without end. Addie didn't know how to stop it. The more she struggled, the more it built. She knelt there on her knees as the darkness crept into her vision and swallowed her up.



© 2014 Rachael


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on January 11, 2014
Last Updated on January 11, 2014
Tags: Werewolf, Powers, High School


Author

Rachael
Rachael

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rachael


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rachael


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Rachael