Get Over It

Get Over It

A Story by Bea Rob
"

One woman struggles to get over her love.

"
The dull thrumming in her head woke her from a dead sleep.  That’s how she described the unconscious hours after drinking.  There was nothing restful about those hours.  She woke with a headache, dry eyes, furry tongue and a feeling of stiffness throughout her entire body.  She quickly gulped down from the bottle of water that had been in her bag for at least a week.  It was stale and she drank it too fast.  She ran to the ensuite bathroom and vomited.  Sliding to the floor, she closed her eyes.  She felt motion sickness and waited for it to pass.  As she did the memories of the night before came back.  She had text him.  S**t!  She wanted to scramble to her phone but her head was still swimming and the nausea was too close for her to move from the toilet.  She tried in vain to remember what she had said in her text but all she could remember was hitting send. 

She woke with a start on the cold floor of her bathroom, aching from head to toe.  She rose gently, slowly, checking for a wave of nausea before moving again.  Once on two feet she flushed the loo trying to ignore the smell of her urine and vomit, her stomach rolling.  She quickly turned the shower on and stripped off the dress from last night she had ended up sleeping in.  The text!  She walked gingerly to her room and looked for her bag.  It was thrown in the corner.  She breathed a sigh of relief to see her purse and phone were in there �" her keys were on her dresser.  The phone was blinking to indicate at least one message had been received.  Her mouth filled with saliva and she was sure she would vomit again.  What had she sent?  Had he replied?  Was it a positive response?  Her eyes filled with tears as she realised what a mistake she had made.

‘Just checking you got home ok luv ya x’
‘Hopin ur just passed out lady �" call me before noon or I’m coming round with a big drum to make you hangover even worse mwah haha’

She checked the time, 11:40.  She quickly text Lisa back ‘I’m home. I’m alive…ish.  Going to jump in the shower and try to feel more human.  Call you later xx’ Send.

At least he hadn’t replied. 

The shower was going to be hot by now but she just had to check the sent items.  With shaking hands she quickly went to the folder.  Yep.  She had definitely text him.  She opened the message.  It was brief but it was enough to make the tears fall freely.  She threw the phone onto her bed and took her shower.  She cried until the water ran cold.

‘I miss you. I love you. Tell me you loved me.’

She was crying because he hadn’t responded.

© 2015 Bea Rob


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on May 25, 2015
Last Updated on May 25, 2015
Tags: Love, short story, regret

Author

Bea Rob
Bea Rob

Belfast, Co Antrim, United Kingdom



About
Frustrated writer since my teens, decided to just start putting stuff out there. If you like it great, if you don't...hey we can't all like the same things. Personally I like crime, thrillers and da.. more..

Writing
Sole Sole

A Poem by Bea Rob