Dedicated Nobody

Dedicated Nobody

A Poem by Alicia Hirshey
"

Read Authors note

"


























Dedicated to no one
World fades to black
Always taking something
Refusing to give it back
~*~
Mother to you children
All a staged show
Time is consumed with love
Would the dysfunction show?
~*~
Never to happy
Turns the wheel of fate
All the time longing
To redirect the hate
~*~
Longing for something
Never anything more
Will you miss me
When I lie dead on the floor?
~*~
Stuck in a bubble
My dreams easily popped
Give up the gamble
My hand is a flop
~*~
Overwhelming emotions
Channel all the pain
everyday I question
If I am even truly sane
~*~
Weary in bed
No rest will come
All emotions
Leave my heart dead
~*~
Dedicated to no one
World fades to black
Always taking something
Refusing to give it back

© 2011 Alicia Hirshey


Author's Note

Alicia Hirshey
Everything Feels out of place. I feel unwanted, unwelcome, unloved. Everything feels like it is getting worse. I first thought that it was my Medication playing mind games but it is not a side effect I was told. That with everything going on it is normal for any patient to feel the way I do. But do they really understand? Can they really save me from myself like they claim to be able to do? I have built my poetry around saving people from themselves and trying to save the world, that in the process I've lost sight of myself and who I was and still am. I am me, and I can't be saved. I have helped a lot of people but where are they when I need help? Where are they when I need someone to listen or vent? I'm going on the constant notion that maybe I am not good enough to save. That maybe I will never be good enough to save. But if that were true, would you even be reading this poem? Taking the time to read my author's note. Taking the time to see the true me that lies behind the mirrors?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Woah. I am rendered speechless!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Never are you unwanted, unwelcome, or unloved. You write and though people may not write it like I do, but every one has a power and yours is to write and make people see the other side. For that is truly a gift that should not be ignored.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Weve had a big discussion about the I know how it feels thing. (Our class) Hope your world may becoome brighter than it seems and don't be like me where I start crying in a corner and bang my head on the freaking door for hours. I agree with Wren. Everyone's worth saving..even you :3

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a very touching poem. I really enjoyed it. And i read your authors note.
People always say they know how you feel, but they don't. I know I don't. But i do know how it is to feel alone, left out and forgotten. But just take the time to look back at life. It might not be as bad as it seems. I know mine wasn't. And I bet yours isn't either:) and everyone is worth saving... So don't exclude yourself.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"I'm going on the constant notion that maybe I am not good enough to save. " Until recently I've felt that way. Helping others is a Godsend, but you can't help anybody else if you don't help yourself. You have to unplug from everybody and everything for quite some time to find the real you. I have A LOT of friends who are going through somewhat similar stuff, and since I'm somewhat past that point, I help them. Always here if you need to talk.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is so sad, I hate that you feel this way, "unwanted, unwelcome, unloved". Give yourself some time, time always helps. Time to stop thinking of other people for a while. Time to take care of yourself. You are obviously a beautiful, talented, loving person. Time to love you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really love the pictures that you use. Excellent poem!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The emotions laced into this poem are raw and can be felt by any reader. Excellently done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem is magnificent. It shows how you feel beautifully.
Listen to me lovely, you are worth saving, your worth so much! You can't give up the fight. I know that its hard. Believe me, I understand. But you are worth so much! It would be a shame if a diamond like you faded away from this world. Hang in there hunny. It may take a while but allow the light to come in and fill you up after you have been through so much pain.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
☯
I really see the emotions you feel in this poem connected to the authors note. The world fading to black and everything falling through phases, maybe even getting worse. But, when we truly look at life, you have to believe "Everything happens for a reason" because it's actually very true, and it makes you believe it will pass. I feel that your poetry will lead your way, and you're actually venting out your feelings writing emotional and amazing poems yourself.
I think that everything will be okay, and if it's not okay, it's not the end.
Beautiful poem :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1097 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 24, 2011
Last Updated on May 24, 2011

Author

Alicia Hirshey
Alicia Hirshey

Hartford City, IN



About
Short&&to the point -Aliciaa//Smitten//Mother more..

Writing
Hyde Hyde

A Poem by Alicia Hirshey



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..