Little vine

Little vine

A Poem by Beccy

She wrote the song that charmed his eyes,
that filled the blue and cloudless sky
and often to the listening earth
whispered the story of his birth;
and her sweet lips, though mostly sealed,
safeguard the journey of the child,
catching with full and captive heart 
each gleam of welcome from the sun.

And all and every summer long,
she watches the unfolding wing;
the blossoming of natural leave
that gives no reason she should grieve;
yet still, the joy is tempered yet
with just a frisson of regret,
as time evolves into a single stream
and ebbs away her every waking dream.


For my precious son, Charlie

© 2014 Beccy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews



Your love for the now young man Charlie is known to be unconditional and awesome .. these words you originally penned when he was only half his present age is now a permanent testimony to that love ..

Posted 3 Years Ago


I struggle with rhyming, so when I see writing that does it well, I enjoy it a great deal. This was well written, and the bond of a mother to her child comes through so strongly. Nice work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Yes indeed, there can be no stronger emotion than that of a mother's love and how eloquently you portray that sentiment in this exquisitely penned poem!

A little gem this certainly is and a worthy tribute of your devotion as a mom !

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow, this is so beautiful Beccy. And as a mom I can relate.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very choice little piece, and I do not often say this to poets new to me that I see here. You have real talent! I'm going to read more.


Posted 9 Years Ago


Lovely. What, on this plane at least, is deeper than the love of mother and child? I was taken back to the birth and growth of my own daughter. How my life was never as attached and organic as it was from conception to birth life at the hearth. Now she is out of the house these past twelve years. My wife is sadly departed but still there is that connect we three share.

Lovely poem made more lovely by the lack of drama and flowers. Just the truth of the matter here to see.

Glad to meet you Beccy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Thanks sharonlee. My beautiful son is eight now. Still a child, but growing in stature and confidence every day. Sometimes I imagine my life once he has flown the nest, hence this poem.

Beccy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ohh how beautifully composed this is... such graceful flow and heart!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 27, 2014
Last Updated on July 1, 2014

Author

Beccy
Beccy

United Kingdom



About
I'm forty four, single and have a lovely fifteen year old son called Charlie. I've been writing poetry and short stories since I can remember. I have always been an assiduous reader of poetry and real.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Skin deep Skin deep

A Poem by Beccy