FacetwitHookerWotsupdocRubetubeandTickytockytoe

FacetwitHookerWotsupdocRubetubeandTickytockytoe

A Poem by Beccy
"

A true and evolving story.

"
If you listen carefully, or indeed
with just one earnestly sceptical ear, 
you can hear the scansorial mewling 
of influencers seeking to scale heights;
as dunning and yapping in concert,
they are both joint and several 
in their liability as they fill the 
endlessness of space with a billion 
megabytes of excruciating inanity.

Meantime, the Billy no mates,
of the tech world, remain diligent
in their search for new ways to 
disconnect the great unwashed.
Their largesse knowing no bounds
as they log every last little titbit.
(Oh, she had eggs for breakfast,
how interesting,) (and look at him 
telling his loved one he's at a different
place his smart phone tells us he's at.)
Naughty, naughty boy!

And all across the vastness of continents,
midnight warriors in shapeshifting hoodies 
are active in their worlds of virtual reality,
manipulating toggles and triggers and 
joysticks in unnatural seclusion, 
as CGI heroes and heroines are reborn
again and again, and the whipcrack of gunfire 
is muted to a soothing lullaby, whilst the fox, 
as wily as those Billy no mates tech ninjas, 
wreaks havoc in the chicken pen.

Nevertheless, life, of a sorts, goes on. 
Grain ripens, butterflies and bunnies abound;
a new born lamb sleeps beneath the stars,
cuddling close to mother, blissfully unaware;
(though mother knows,) as does the mother
in a famine stricken, war torn country
knows her starving child may not see 
another sunrise; as fitful in her bed, 
she prays to her God that the men with 
washed hands and stones for hearts 
will somehow be forever stilled.

But still the gulf grows, solace surrendered 
to lip service. It is as if we are his forever 
spinning forsaken creation. A lost tribe
 where dividend is prized over divinity 
and demons deify dark over light,
their fat, bejewelled fingers replete with profit.
No tongue paying heed to good will to all men,
the natural order of things disdained;
as the stars beneath which the lamb and the 
child sleep eternal, fall like vast hailstones,
and the cleansing of both sinner and the sinned
becomes less than chaff blown in the wind.

© 2023 Beccy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sadly, the more advances that we make in society, the further we get away from those things that are really important - faith, family, love, and humility. Man has elevated himself above man; but worse, he has elevated himself above God (in his mind). The result? One only needs to look at the slippery slope of sliminess that surrounds us on a daily basis. This was a very profound poem, wonderfully written, a dire reflection of our current circumstances. Well penned and a sad reality.

Posted 9 Months Ago


So in a fancy, clever knowledge of Tech terminology you're dissing techno, heck no, sheep in a field that know not of another day in some sinner's sin, only without a way to put it into a sense of perspective? I like it, I really do, but I have to wonder if there is a handle here other then the fable of man verse tech, verse the unknowing sheep, verse the divine rapture of unknowingness and of some end result?
Lot of hate for the men behind the making, and a lot of love for the unknown presence of confusions. Will we be here tomorrow? The sheep and babe, the mother and the eventual eventual? Are we headed toward the stars...or the end? Throw in Bugs Bunny and Social Media along with the clever selfies and what do have here ? Each other? Probably not if we look into this eventuality. I mean, we can speak all day about the fate of humanity when we are in the California Silicon and this ability to grow money on trees, but what of the humans and babes beneath the future? What of the truth of connection, and what of the twentieth century. From horses and buggies to the moon landing right? Are we headed less towards progress? Love the awareness, but beneath it lies the unstoppable generation gap. We are either in or we are out. Besides..don't we already have a chip inside us making us see a sky no longer there? Probably Matrix and More. A Beautiful intelligent poem but what is the difference really? You hate progress. okay. Isn't it what you make of it? Once more, either in or out? Or i'm just completely off my rocker which has happened many times before. It truly is a wonderful read Beccy~Thanks!!

Posted 9 Months Ago


Beccy

9 Months Ago

Actually, and to quote Mr Twain, 'I'm in favour of progress, it's change I don't like.' -:)
.. read more
Perdition

9 Months Ago

Wow...what a god awful life of loss with daughter, wife, home and monetary leakage he experienced. .. read more
A simpler life is way better; more love, peace, less stress. Technology is moving fast, especially AI, at an alarming speed. They all want to replace things artificially. It might have some benefits, but humans should stay in charge, not the machine.
You raise lots of deep thoughts in this worthy of study poem. You are talented indeed.

Posted 10 Months Ago


Incredibly far reaching poem. You are so right about how far in the wrong direction we are now travelling.

More and more the line between reality and the virtual world is blurred and it serves us no good I fear.

Andrew2401

Posted 10 Months Ago


I find this so intellectually and faithfully beguiling. An intelligent yet beautiful piece of writing. Which indeed if you think about it and that is what you simply have to do here, is what all poetry should be about. The epitome of a tour de force Beccy.

Posted 10 Months Ago


Wow, now that was incredibly deep and holds so much truth it must weigh a ton. You have created different picture for me that all seem to form into one huge panorama of the world today. I envisioned my television, telephone and my computer all watching as I type this, all coming up with their definition of me and if I am a benefit to society or should be exterminated. I saw wars being fought via video games and that worried mother with crying baby trying frantically to turn the power off and end the game. This poem blew me away. Very emotive, very creative and very, very cool.

Posted 10 Months Ago


Powerful and thoughtful go hand in hand here. No leeway on that un-right one hand, rip the lack of finesse, true intelligence, a step or half into their own home.made ripped apart world. Due to be demolished by richer, more expensive depraved technology that take a body apart with merely by shooting from the hip or a finger tip on a button, probe word into the air. You say it all superbly, I stand in your shadow.

Meantime what about real beings left aside rubble waiting for a multi legged something to eat its way from hell to heaven instead of lounging neath willow trees, etc.. What about those children who used to sing.. walk barefoot, laugh those giggles and hiccups? But mow Man-created troglodites at best that is if still alive. We see what we see and hear, noses raised trying to smell the roses. Guilty as found, Beccy. We might never get anywhere says the men at the top. Did ManKIND ever exist?

Chaff blown in the wind? Will each and all survive?

Posted 10 Months Ago




its a funny old sad old world when the focus of so many is clearly either on themselves, or some other irrelevance while the wars and the pain and the hunger continue to rage all around them .. Be sure I'm in your corner B ... N x


Posted 11 Months Ago


And the award for best title everer, goes to you! 😊.
And now after reading this in its entiruty, I'm left thinking I should have written this, but doubt I'd have managed it as expletive free as you have.
The inane, unsane world of owning and using a keyboard as their weapon of choice, will only truly be seen as its own trafmgedy at a life wasted, when it is too late for them to make amends. Their final, lonely Dearg rattles will be when they finally grow up and view their own pointlessness, as it comes to its own tragic end.
And as for the influences... Who are they influencing? Just a bunch od empty shells, painted and preened into stepfordville mode and wouldn't recognise a personality if it jumped up and bit their face off! And yes, I do know the time it took me to type that and for you to read it is time neither of us will see again, so next slide please! 😊
Famine, war and strife always seem to be with us and maybe, just maybe, if the pointless ones named above, gave even 1% of the energy they waste on being so pointless, they could make a real difference to the never ending stream of real life suffering going on in the real life world ™ patent pending.
Maybe one day realisation will hit them on how truly vapid they are, but I doubt it.
Great piece. Cthought provoking and powerful words, to keep in mind, especially when seeing someone take a photo of their coffee/ lunch that they had the skill and talent to make neithheer and know that at least it's a good thing they can't mind read 😊

Posted 11 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 29, 2023
Last Updated on June 29, 2023

Author

Beccy
Beccy

United Kingdom



About
I'm forty four, single and have a lovely fifteen year old son called Charlie. I've been writing poetry and short stories since I can remember. I have always been an assiduous reader of poetry and real.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren