[Prologue] Niegnirl

[Prologue] Niegnirl

A Chapter by Myrmidon
"

A quick glimpse of the history of Iringein.

"

Incinerating Blaze, Tranquil Rain, Slicing Wind, Piercing Lightning, Protective Earth, and Disguising Mist; Six basic elemental powers were granted to the people of Iringein long before history had begun to be recorded. In the beginning, it was undetectable and miniscule in number. Very few people were born with these innate powers, and even fewer could draw out their elements. However, throughout time, those given these abilities were often hated, hunted, persecuted, and used by those jealous of them.

Many say elementals were born because of the Element Geysers�"incredibly large geysers that continuously spewed out gas with similar color to their corresponding auras. This had been nothing more than a myth, until five-hundred years ago when every geyser on the continent erupted simultaneously. It led to an event known as the “Aura Boom”�"the drastic increase in the amount of humans born with the power of an element.

 

As years passed and more people mastered their gifts, small but dangerous conflicts began to emerge. These conflicts eventually led to what is presently called the “Elemental Wars”. The wars ravaged the lands for centuries, scarring it and painting it with blood and death.

When the wars had finally ended, it left Iringein uninhabitable. Finally realizing their fooloishness, the people of Iringein fought despair and prayed to their god above. Willing to give them another chance, their god restored the land and created minor gods and goddesses to watch over the new world. Five leaders were chosen, and the land was divided into five regions: Tamreya, Mirwarmix, Ashrix, Ragnuviere, and Liersona.

Satisfied and with great trust in the people of Iringein, the god divided his power into five orbs designed to keep balance and to keep the world thriving.

 

Now, another hundred years later, Liersona led by their king, Cedric Rammus the Third, advanced across Ragnuvierian borders and attacked in clear conquest. It was not long before the unprepared region fell beneath Liersona’s superior military might.

As the last town was destroyed, almost completely obliterated in cold blood, a few overlooked children escaped. Now this is the story of those survivors…

 

…These are the next chapters of Shiva’s history.



© 2012 Myrmidon


Author's Note

Myrmidon
Anything positive, fun/funny, or helpful will be much appreciated :].

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
Added on March 16, 2012
Last Updated on July 1, 2012
Tags: Shiva, Story, Fantasy, Adventure, Introduction, Prologue, Niegnirl


Author

Myrmidon
Myrmidon

CA



About
Hey! Welcome to my page. I am mostly a Fantasy/Adventure/Action writer, but have attempted to write dramas too. i LOVE to read almost any kind of story that gets me curious, interested, or excited, et.. more..

Writing
What am I? What am I?

A Story by Myrmidon


Shiva Shiva

A Book by Myrmidon