Saej

Saej

A Chapter by Beefmoopie
"

My main OC

"

[BASICS]

First Name: Saej /sāj/

Surname: Forey

Nickname/Alias: (none)

Age: 21

Visual Age: 20's

Sex: Female

Race: Human

Marital Status: Single

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Occupation: Gardener, herbalist

Class: Mage

Sub-Class: Healer

Title: Miss

Affiliations(none)

Pets: 
Thak: A mangy looking tom with golden eyes. They remind her of the eagles of her home. He comes and goes, always looking worse for wear. When he's around he's kind and likes to be petted though he never stays for longer than a night before heading off into the streets again. If Saej was to guess she'd put him at 3 or 4 years old, though she's no cat expert.

[PHYSICAL]

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 116 lbs

Hair Color and Style:
(Naturally red hair. Dreadlocks mixed with curly, frizzy hair. Beads and wraps throughout. Basically like an craft supply place exploded on her head.)

Eye Color:
(Brown)

Build: Average

Complexion: Light freckles on the bridge of her nose, her cheeks, and her shoulders. Youthful skin.

Scars: Regular childhood and working class scars, none of particular interest

Disabilities: Suffers from mild paranoia and occasional lapses of sanity due to drug addiction and the various drug effects

Tattoos: (none)

Voice: Raspy but light

Resistances: (none) 

[MENTAL]

Saej has a good heart but her mind goes a mile a minute. She is a lot of things and sometimes both sides of the spectrum at once, though it seems to work for her as when it comes down to it she's guided by morals and kindness. One could call her genuine.

People come and go through her life. Saej has a hard time being around the depressive, consistently gloomy, or rude. Her first instinct is to lend an ear and try to understand them, as she has the tendency to pry and prod, but once she understands their motives she's quick to leave them. Those types of people, to her, are bland. A good word to describe her is flighty and impulsive. Without a moment’s notice, usually on a whim, she writes someone out of her life. No hard feelings right?

That being said she loves people, loves to learn from them and hear all about their lives. Saej can be very trusting to someone right off the bat and is usually very gullible. She has a warm and open nature as she treats everyone like an old friend.

Naturally quick witted with a penchant for sarcasm, she always has something to say; while she is kind in general her mouth can get ahead of her sometimes leading people to feel insulted if they don't know about her . Most of her witticisms are made jokingly, a true clown.

In Ironham her youth was spent in a haze of smoke, powder, and the occasional fungus.
The drug use has made her mind a little foggy; she can be forgetful and becomes confused easily. From many a night of fungus her mind is warped, she succumbs to daydreams often and has suffered from bouts of disorientation brought on from mild hallucinations. 

When she's on her drug of choice, the grigo, she becomes slightly paranoid, if put in an unfamiliar situation while she's on it she looks for things that don't make sense and can almost always delusionally find them. Depending on how high she is this could end with her cowering in fear like a child or "stealthily" sneaking away from the situation.

Habitual tobacco smoker. Likes to drink, rowdy drinker. 


[GEAR] 

Headgear:

Upperbody:

Lowerbody:
(worn underneath the doublet)

 

Feet:


Weapon:
(worn staff with a minor crystal, small blade on the end)

 

Storage:
(on the go)


(at home)



Dayclothes: 

 

(robe, pockets sewn on the inside)

Accessories: 
Crude pipe for smoking tobacco

 

[SKILLS]

 Specialization: Herbalist, she has a rudimentary knowledge of plants used to heal wounds and minor sicknesses

Others:
Botany: she can successfully grow common herbs, vegetables, and flowers
Brawling:  she has basic fighting skills and can be a match for someone 3 to 4 inches taller than her  

[MAGIC]

Specialization: Healing, this only includes flesh wounds and not wounds of magic.

"Heal Cloud": Can remotely cast a healing spell that heals minor cuts and restores a limited amount of stamina. Leaves her fatigued and dizzy.
"Healing Hands": Up close and personal healing, can heal major wounds but painful and leaves a scar. Medium and less wounds vary in pain and scar left behind. Leaves her fatigued and dizzy.

Other: 
"Human Matchstick": She hasn't branched out of magic much more than healing but she can conjure a flame between her fingers. It takes some concentration usually, but sometimes she can do it with a snap of her fingers. One of her favorite bar tricks is to take a shot of hard liquor stuff, conjure the flame, and spit fire. Hand dully throbs for half an hour to an hour afterwards.

Certain crystals; gems; and rocks boost her magical abilities. 

[BACKGROUND]

Religion: She prays to the god of magic, the goddess of mountains and earth, invokes spirits of nature, honors her ancestors

Birthdate: Fall

Birthplace: Ironham

Family: Middle class parents, one twin brother

Biography:

Saej was born in a hut in a forest far away from any town or village. What Saej is told is that her mother and father had strayed from the path, gotten lost, and found her way to Baba’s house. Her mother was heavy with child and Baba beckoned for them to stay, claiming she knew it would be any day before the baby came; telling them that by then they wouldn’t be near a town and would be forced to sire the child in the woods. Frightened, they listened. Saej’s mother died in childbirth on the kitchen table two days after Baba had them convinced to stay for the week. Her father was so grief stricken and confessed he was penniless, there was no way he could support the baby himself nor would he want to"looked too much like her mother. Out of the kindness of her heart Baba took Saej in and raised her as her own, as a grandchild and apprentice. 


The true story is slightly different. 


They DID get lost and stumble on to her lonely hut and Baba DID know the woman was due within the week, but Saej’s mother didn’t die from labor. She died that night, after giving birth to a brilliantly red haired daughter, along with her husband; they were both destined to become food for the pigs and hounds as soon as they set foot in Baba’s home. The truth was that Baba was a crone, a hag, and had no children of her own but did possess a desire on pass on her life’s work; not wanting all of her toil and drudgery to go to nothing.  


As a young girl Saej was reserved to only helping Baba grow the plants, learn about their growing cycles, learn which spices were fit for what"be it a potion or cooking, and telling the difference between native fungi in their woods. She would also help out by tending to the animals such feeding and watering them, plucking chicken feathers, collecting eggs, sometimes accompanying Baba on harvesting missions of the local flora. All the while receiving schooling about magic and its uses, despite not being born from a witch she took to magic and the craft easily. Baba figured there was a witch somewhere in her ancestry. The old witch taught her of familiars and patrons, though Saej’s familiar never came. This is attributed to why they were never attacked by wildbeasts during Saej’s time with Baba. When she was a teen Saej delved even more into the craft and but found her interests laid more in the practical aspect of herbalism leading her to become competent in potions, cooking, and healing. Even then she was able to perform a host of spells with the aid of her spell book and familiar. 

When Saej was twenty a cruel winter, the harshest of her mortal life, shook the woods in which she was raised. Not only did it kill half of the hens, two pigs, and a litter of hounds it also took Baba’s life by way of fever. The woman was lost; Baba had never allowed her to go with her to town, how would she ever find her way out of the woods? Would she be able to survive without Baba’s guidance? She would have to persevere. After a while Baba’s body made the hut stink of rot, Saej had been unwilling to move her outside due to the relentless winter. Unfortunately it was time though and because she was unable to dig into the frozen ground Baba’s body was left outside in the snow, the next morning her body was nowhere to be found with any tracks that could have been left covered by snow to say who or what took her away.

It has been four years since Baba died. Saej has survived and grown since then, living in desolate woods filled with evil creatures and no one left to shield you will do that to a person. Luckily for Saej, upon inspection, Baba had maps and notes stuffed in a dresser, though when she made her way to the nearest village it was crawling with undead. Saej had to wonder how long the settlement had been in that condition with Baba simply raiding their houses for supplies. This also impressed her because if that were true the woman was certainly a more powerful force than Saej had known, though suspected. Baba’s sovereign living system wasn’t as good as before that fateful storm, Saej proved to be poor at animal husbandry, but with only Saej’s mouth to feed she was able to get by. Slumber has proved affective enough to keep most ill-wishing creatures and humans at bay, only seldom has Saej been required to use force. 

 A year after Baba’s death a flying squirrel came to Saej as her familiar, just in time as the loneliness was beginning to crush the woman. He’s a delightful little creature she’s nicknamed Flan and due to his influence she has been introduced to the patron of plants. This suits her well; they are truly a dynamic duo. For the most part Saej is content in her hut, mildly glad to be cut off from the outside world as any travelers who stray and find their way to her home bring only stories of horrors and death before setting off from the help of Saej’s maps. 


[Featured Works]



© 2015 Beefmoopie


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on September 8, 2015
Last Updated on December 14, 2015
Tags: character, lore, fantasy


Author

Beefmoopie
Beefmoopie

PA



About
¤I like festivals, going barefoot, pasta, UFO stories, candle light, vegetables, traveling, and scary movies. ¤I have two ferrets, Mulu-Mushishi and Gonzo, a dog, Montgomery, an elder.. more..

Writing
Forest Starter Forest Starter

A Chapter by Beefmoopie


Roleplay Roleplay

A Book by Beefmoopie