It's a Wonderful Life

It's a Wonderful Life

A Story by BenightedWhispers
"

A short story for those who care to read a little horror/tragedy.

"

It was that beautiful. I often found myself lost in its captivating gaze. I see the memories that I hold deep inside. With bloody thorns and undead petals, I find my soul pricked again. It stirs false memories. It possesses my being…A Shinigami (death god) in guise. The mitsuki (full moon) shines bright tonight as I step out into the cold dismal world. Is it just me or does my body feel icy? This chiller (creepy cold) excitement that flows through my veins is not natural. This blue blood running down my limbs is not natural. What just happened is inhuman. What just happened was insanity. I limped my way to my neighbor’s door.

 

I begged her to save me! She turned a fearful head at the putrid site, which was me, before her. With the tattered fishnets and torn clothes…I guess I wouldn’t bandage me up either if in that same position. My feelings came down hard, the pouring searing cold rain, as my now soggy clothes became so burdensome to move in. My life became wearisome that night. My dark blue trail, that being the path I have already traveled, turned to ice as the wind picked up. I was thrown into a tree of searing tears. My sins were sealed that night.

 

I met a young girl…so innocent and sweet. Her voice was like that of an angel’s, and her lips were just as sweet as candy. She kept me company for a week until that .48 hit her on the street. I became a picture, a moment frozen in time that one cannot truly see the pain behind the portrait. Ow! I was pricked again.

 

I went to the place that started this all a place where two lives were taken for mine. I wish my soul wasn’t bound to the Earth by these chains of punishment. My pain and my sorrow ripped the skies open and turned my emotions cold and physically painful. Look at its tainted petals. They are no longer living, yet with crimson, they stagger to survive. The thorns have been stained, and the puddle they leave makes me sick. What a disgusting reflection I see! Look at that monster! Her parents saved her from that lake her boyfriend pushed her in. Yet she ‘pushed’ them in and fell into the trap her boyfriend set her in.

 

He kept pushing harder and harder. With each thrust she remembered what they died for. This isn’t right! His katana lay next to her hands. If she sinned more would it ease her pain and bring them back? She gave him sweet torture. She gave him death. Ow! She was pricked again! The chains still bound to her wrists no matter how hard she cut them. She ran from the brothel that was once her house…no " their house.

 

She ran to her friend. Her friend pushed her away. Her life is sickening. She isn’t worthy of existence! Ow! She was pricked again. She grasped the flower in hand. She squeezed till the thorns lay dormant in her palm. She ‘crossed the river’ in the lake. She was bare and barren now. This pain was nothing. She looked to the sky and smiled. "My loving parents you gave your lives for mine. However such a notion was foolish. Your wild rose is nothing but a dark abysmal entity. I plagued you and played you. Do well up there. May you spread your wings wide and far! I crossed the river. I poisoned the lake. I felt the rose’s pain. I saw my life through the Shinigami. Be you the only witness parents!" She cried as she slid ‘down the stream’.

 

It was that beautiful. I often found myself lost in its captivating gaze. I see the memories that I hold deep inside. With bloody thorns and undead petals, I find my soul pricked again. It stirs false memories. It possesses my being…a Shinigami (death god) in guise. The mitsuki (full moon) shines bright tonight as I step out into the cold dismal world. Is it just me or does my body feel icy? This chiller (creepy cold) excitement that flows through my veins is not natural. This blue blood running down my limbs is not natural.

 

This transparency and loneliness is unfair. This onyx gown with bright moons is unfair. However this rose and these chains…they are fair. This is what’s best for me. To be slain by my own selfish choices, to be forever imprisoned by these chains, to watch this broken record over and over again, to watch this broken record every time and never being able to stop it, yeah it’s fair. I wasn’t worthy of life and I’m sure as hell not worthy of afterlife, but I have to go somewhere. I’ll just sit by the lake tending the dark roses and coloring the lake red as I watch on mitsuki nights my life in others' eyes.

 

© 2017 BenightedWhispers


Author's Note

BenightedWhispers
I became a ghost, forced to tend the dark roses by my poisoned lake as others repeat my mistakes. I can only watch as it happens over and over again as I'm pricked with the real and false memories of my last hours of life.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on December 11, 2008
Last Updated on October 7, 2017

Author

BenightedWhispers
BenightedWhispers

Breaking language barriers one foreign comic at a time (Manga, Manwha, Mahua...), KY



About
A pleasant hello to all that visit. Below are some facts about me so that you are able to get to know me as a person and not just a writer. I enjoy diversity, and that's how I wish to be remembered .. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5