Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Ben
"

Here is chapter two.

"

Gorthan felt heat on his lower part of his legs. The heat began to crawl farther up his leg like a spider. Soon it reached his torso, then up to his chest. Gorthan’s watering eyes sprang open from the scorching heat of the fire. Groaning loudly, the otter tried to free himself from the tight bonds that held him to a large plank of wood. He looked over to his right and yelped. Ginky the mole was hanging next to him, unconscious.

“Ginky? Are you awake?” Gorthan asked the little creature. Ginky groaned in his terrifying sleep and twisted in his ropes, trying to get out.

Gorthan was hit suddenly in the side of his head with a stick. A searing pain swept across his head, and he could feel a rather large bump forming next to his ear. He felt blood running down his head and his neck.

“No talking you sea bag!” the huge stoat Flatear, who had captured him, yelled in his bleeding ear. Flatear ran away from the searing fire and turned around to watch.

Gorthan suddenly noticed that he wasn’t getting burnt. How strange, He thought, I wonder what type of fire it is. The otter looked down at his paws and gasped. The fire was not a normal fire, for the licking flames where purple, instead of red and yellow. They seemed to be burning up Gorthan legs and torso, but they were not.

Ginky finally woke up fully and let out a terrible scream. Every pair of eyes flew towards the tiny mole. Flatear came up to strike Ginky, but paused as he heard a strange sound. Gorthan mustered all of his of his strength and burst out of the tightly bound ropes, leaving deep gashes from where the bonds were wrapped. Gorthan charged at Flatear and knocked his elbow into the stoat’s mouth. Flatear fell over, unconscious, blood pouring from his mouth, a dozen teeth lying in front of him.

Gorthan rushed over to Ginky and started biting the bonds that held him. All the other creatures stood there in disbelief. Suddenly, their leader, strange creature, yelled out,

“Come on! Charggggeeee!!!” The creature charged at Gorthan, closely followed by his followers. The creature grabbed Gorthan and pulled him off Ginky and threw him on the ground yelling,

“Nobeast escapes my grasp! Hahahahahahaha!” the creature’s maniacal laugh sent chills down Gorthan’s spine, but he jumped up and grabbed a large stick, ready to fight anyone who dared came near.

Two small rats came charging suddenly out from among the throng of creatures and drew rather large clubs with metal spikes stuck all in them. The bigger of the two swung his club at Gorthan, while the other one went behind the otter. Gorthan blocked the club and hit him on the head. Swinging around, Gorthan faced the other rat. But the rat dropped his club and ran screaming off into the surrounding woods.

Confused, Gorthan turned around and peered into the surrounding woods. Everybeast in the clearing also turned around in one great movement.       

At the edge of the clearing stood thousands of beasts of all species and sizes, who all wore heavy armor and carried several weapons. Suddenly, thousands of other creatures popped up out of the woods and surrounded Gorthan and his captors.

Gorthan saw his chance to escape. Quietly walking over to Ginky, the otter bit the rest of the bonds of the little mole. Ginky squealed out in terror and yelled,

“Oh, hurlp thurs pur beast! Hur-” Ginky was cut short by a firm paw on his mouth.

“Are you crazy Ginky? Be quite, or you’ll get us both killed!” Gorthan hissed. No one seemed to notice the break in the silence. Gorthan quickly carried Ginky out of the clearing, but was stopped by a score of evil looking rats. Gorthan pushed threw them and carried on. One rat turned around and yelled after him, but was silenced by another rat.

***

Flatear trembled as the thousands of eyes bored into their little group. Then he heard a small voice:

“Huh Ram Ta Cha, Huh Ram Ta Cha, Huh Ram Ta Cha!” Suddenly he was joined by the many thousands of other voices surrounding the clearing. The chant grew louder and faster and louder and faster until it was deafening.

“Huh Ram Ta Cha! Huh Ram Ta Cha! Huh Ram Ta Cha! Huh Ram Ta Cha! Huh Ram Ta Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Chaaarge!” with a sudden burst of speed, the thousands of creatures charged into the small group of ragged creatures. There were screams as the small group was cut down. Some never had a chance even to breathe. Flatear valiantly tried to fend off three stoats at once, but was killed from behind with an enormous spear.

Azlane grinned wickedly and walked over to Flatear and ripped his spear out of the stoat. Wiping the point on a patch of moss, Azlane looked over the carnage of the short, yet bloody battle.

A large ferret walked over to Azlane and saluted smartly with a bloody scimitar.

“My lord Azlane, we have defeated the enemies! There are none alive sir!” the ferret called out.

Azlane’s grin disappeared and turned into a snarl. Grabbing the ferret by his neck, he roared into the helpless creatures face,

“YOU STUPID FERRET! I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE ONE ALIVE!” the fox ripped the ferret’s head off and threw it into a fire. Dropping the creature’s body on the ground, Azlane stormed around the camp, searching for a live creature. He spotted a movement to his left and ran over to it. It was a small rat. Azlane’s snarled went away as he asked the rat,

“Tell me, do you know anything about Redwall Abbey?” The rat trembled and nodded slightly. Azlane’s heart beat faster. Licking his lips, he asked the rat again,

“Where is Redwall?”

The rat shivered and pointed behind Azlane. He turned around and looked off into the distance. But he couldn’t see anything through the large trees.

“Listen, could you tell me how many fighting creatures there are in Redwall?” Azlane asked.

“None,” the rat replied. Then, the little creature went let out a short gasp of breath and went limp.

Azlane laughed loudly and threw the rat into a tree. Ha! No fighting creatures! This will be easier than defeating this army! Hahaha!

Azlane smiled for the first time in his life. He called out to his many minions,

“Creatures, come around me now! I have some good news for you!” They obeyed without hesitation and crowded around him. Azlane continued, “I heard from that rat over there,” He pointed to a crumpled figure on the ground, “That Redwall Abbey has no fighting beasts!”

There was a sudden uproar as creatures beat their weapons on the ground.

“We march on the morrow at dawn!” Azlane screeched. The creatures began the chant again, but this time more ferocious and wild than last time,

Huh Ram Ta Cha! Huh Ram Ta Cha! Huh Ram Ta Cha! Huh Ram Ta Ch Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha!”

***

Gorthan stumbled through the woods, with a heavy mole on his back. After what seemed hours, they reached the edge of Mossflower Woods, and saw Redwall. He ran over to a small side gate and knocked on it. They saw a sparrow fly over the wall and out of sight. Then they heard a little splash. Gorthan knocked again.

This time he was answered by a young Dibbun.

“Who is it?” The little creatures asked.

“It is Gorthan! I have brought Ginky back! But you must let me in, quick!” Gorthan replied, worriedly looking behind his back.

He heard squealing and the Dibbun replied, “Hold on fur a little bit! I’m going to get Brother Dorbune, I can’t reach!”  there was silence, and Gorthan could hear a few small noises. Then the door opened and Gorthan rushed inside. Brother Dorbune closed the door behind him and latched it tightly, worriedly wringing his paws like he always did when he was nervous.

“Oh thank goodness! Thank you Gorthan, for bringing Ginky back! Here, sit down and I’ll have some hot root soup fetched for you,” Dorbune rushed off towards the Kitchens and out of sight. Gorthan put Ginky down on the ground. The little mole wobbled slightly and sat himself down next to Gorthan.

“Hur hur, broing surm hot rurt soip fur moi too!” Ginky called out in his quaint mole speech. He was soon pulled into a crowd of Dibbuns and went off to play. Gorthan sighed and lay down.

“Urm, Gorthan?” Gorthan sat up and looked around. Jugport smiled and continued, “Urm, do yur knurw anythurng aburt surmone noimed Azloine the Evoil?” Gorthan stared at Father Jugport in terror.            



© 2009 Ben


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow ben...you have one brain to think all this up! I already reviewed this by email...but i hadn't read it before then...

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 30, 2009


Author

Ben
Ben

Varrock, Misthalin



About
I'm a 12 year old boy living in a house. I love Jesus and my church. I am an awesome drum player... kinda... My friends are the coolest people in the world and I love them! I write a many differen.. more..

Writing
Dance Dance

A Poem by Ben


Rise Rise

A Poem by Ben