Sommarfågel

Sommarfågel

A Chapter by Sadie Cahill
"

Summer holds many secrets. It is the time when the border between reality and fantasy thins, aside from winter. We see an encounter with the unknown, only to be forgotten in the depths of the mind.

"

Summer is the time when darkness runs rampant in the world. Hot during the day, cold during the night.


I thought about this when I was procrastinating in the park. It was a random thought that came up in my mind. It was because the darkness seemed to creep towards me as I sat on the swing set.


The night was cool, mysterious, dark. The moon is hidden under a thick blanket of clouds. The stars, hidden within them too. Perhaps I should return home.


The streets were empty as I made my way home. The lamplights lit the road, a normal road, yet magical in my eyes. The eerie luminescent glow of the lamps, led the way home.


The call of a bird.


Walking past the safety of the light, our house located in the darkness as the lamplight was broken from the exploits of curious children.


I shivered. Did it become colder?


Looking around, discovering that the darkness became darker even more, I turn away and quickened my pace. I should get home soon.


A gust of cold wind blew, slowing my pace. My heart quickened. I turned and saw a dark figure running towards me. I, unable to run faster, clawed my way into the dark, towards my home. I should have returned when the sun had set, perhaps I won’t return home now.


A melodious voice sounded. My frostbitten fingers slowly warming up and healing. I open my eyes that I closed in fear as an orange glow enveloped me.


It was a bird. Magical if I’d describe it, it held the colors of the summer"the orange sunset, the bright blue sky, the green leaves, the brown trees. The bird’s glow fought back the creeping darkness and saved me.


The encounter had quickly faded in my mind, as I now walked home in a daze.



© 2017 Sadie Cahill


Author's Note

Sadie Cahill
Another really short story that I've derived from Wintergatan's song Sommarfågel.
Here's the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0_r0SKc2oc

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

About Music Simply an incredible mix of nostalgia and freshness I've not experienced with any other group's sound. Simply Brilliant
your imagines are mind blowing and the way to express are awesome.

All the wishes to great success for your writing career.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Sadie Cahill

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much for reviewing my work. I'm glad that you enjoyed the read. I should also say the.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Added on July 10, 2017
Last Updated on July 11, 2017
Tags: Fantasy, Inspired by songs, Flash Fiction, Fiction, Short, Really short


Author

Sadie Cahill
Sadie Cahill

Manila, Luzon, Philippines



About
An easygoing person. Would write anything that comes to mind and anything that would. more..

Writing
Lastly Lastly

A Story by Sadie Cahill


Demise Demise

A Poem by Sadie Cahill