LOST OR FOUND

LOST OR FOUND

A Poem by Betty Hermelee
"

Will our love survive?

"

LOST OR FOUND

 

An angry ocean whips our smiles

our boat splits us apart

we fight the swells

gasp for air

fury ebbs

two cores entwine as one

 

© 2023 Betty Hermelee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

And then?
This is where glass half-full vs glass half-empty fills in the rest.
Such an imaginative piece. Personally I'm counting on the Coast Gard .

Posted 1 Year Ago


Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

I guess it's up to the reader..... Thanks Cherrie for your review!
Best, B
You need a preserver. Despite all the fighting you seem to do in your poetry, there must be something keeping you afloat. Your heart maybe?

Posted 1 Year Ago


Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

Thank you for your review, maybe my heart; love sometimes is a struggle; i like to see both sides.... read more
Yes I like this storm tossed poem. Says so much and straight to it. Excellent.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

Thank Ken, much appreciated!!
Best, B
First the lure of the colour and content, the sign of both doubt yet.. more to come. Then, your words - as ever able to say sans obscenity or yell, how strongly you feel or have felt. But seems there is something able to feel, to say that there is so much more to save and for the better. You plait your words into neatness but allow the odd strand to wave its right to calm then, calm some more. The title is so very apt, Betty.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

Thank you Emma dear for an in-depth review!
Best to you,
B
Relationships need working on. Sometimes the boat is in danger in times of storms. This piece speaks to me of a coming together again after a separation. I like happy endings. Well penned Betty.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

Thank so much dear Chris, that is exactly correct...
Enjoy Spring!
Best, B
Betty I love the title as it hold so much truth to this profound poem. Life, relationships and the push and pull of thoughts and emotions that separate , lost and found of connection to ourselves and/or others and then when the fury calms, we see the value and love. This is brilliantly portrayed in this poem.


Posted 1 Year Ago


Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

Wow! What an amazing review, you really got the emotions in this one! Thank you profusely!
Be.. read more
Ladysue

1 Year Ago

My pleasure Betty. :)
ouch. where's noah when you need him. so well said, perhaps too well ... :)

Posted 1 Year Ago


Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

Thank you Pete for your review, much appreciated!
Best, B
Pete

1 Year Ago

my pleasure. enjoyed the write. happy easter! ... :)
Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

You as well!
Interesting imagery in this one. Although it seems to refer to a particular relationship, I think it is true of, at least to some degree, all relationships. Each will know storms and turbulence at some point, and some boats may indeed be split apart. Still, with patience and determination, the fury will ebb and the two cores will entwine.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

Thank you John for a fine review!
Best, B
Love overcomes separation in the end - wonderful! I love the color in the photo that you chose to go with this poem. It's the color of promise.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

Thank you for your spot on review, much appreciated!
Best, B
I found myself holding my breath as I read this and then sighing loudly at the end. This is a voyage I wouldn't mind getting wet on : ) Loved this one Betty.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

Love splits and so does the boat, but a happy ending!
Thank you immensely Will.
Best, .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2023
Last Updated on April 7, 2023

Author

Betty Hermelee
Betty Hermelee

Black Mountain, NC



About
My love of poetry results from my love of art. As a painter I am able to express myself on a canvas. As a poet my words come from my heart, my moods, sometimes sad, mostly upbeat. I like to use vivid .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren