THE ROAR,THE SQUEAL

THE ROAR,THE SQUEAL

A Poem by Betty Hermelee
"

a call to mate

"

THE ROAR, THE SQUEAL

 

The great beast roars to deafen ears

as it echoes through

the Kenyan landscape

yet it is merely

a love call to his mate

 

When my mate squeals

for attention and wants

to be near me

touch me, hold me

discover the consummate place

yet it is merely a love call to a fervent dawn

 


© 2023 Betty Hermelee


Author's Note

Betty Hermelee
Thank you for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

My poor wife gets neither a roar nor a squeal. Just a faint clearing of phlegm.

Posted 7 Months Ago


Betty Hermelee

7 Months Ago

That’s too bad John! Thanks for your review!
Warmly, B
Words written with your ever 'free as a cricket' way of feeling life passing, pausing and then.. often staying!

Your words actually made me smile then giggle, wondering if you live outdoors! I know differently but still think there is a relaxed and open mood to your words.. and how my susceptible mind considers that final phrase!

Posted 7 Months Ago


Betty Hermelee

7 Months Ago

Thanks for your fine review…much appreciated!
Warmly, B
emmajoygreen

7 Months Ago

Hope my review read sincerely not flippantly.. but it has a musical happiness that made me feel calm.. read more
Betty Hermelee

7 Months Ago

I thought your review was perfectly spot on... In a way it's whimsical.....xoxo
are your neighbors aware of all this squealing and roaring??
BTW, super image

Posted 7 Months Ago


Betty Hermelee

7 Months Ago

No, they're deaf! Thank you dear Dave!
Warmly, BESTB
Drop of 💧 tear in her right eye falls as if it is a carrying loads of pain and pleasure and it becomes the wetness to just kiss him, I tried tasting my tears too whenever my mom hit me due to my secrets. But he didn’t say anything when I said my secrets, finally no secrets between us, I know you might have helped thuy in her breakup, you know the pain that’s why you share. But it shouldn’t be burden it should be a clear off. Hey my handsome mate, I am not deaf, I just want you to hug me. Wow the mate is inside home only beside him, this made funny when Ken mentioned. I love you ❤️ Divya, thanks for your help. Sorry for hurts. But I can’t stay away from him, my dear soldiering soldier come down, I am here at your feet, roaring back silently which you can hear though you are away miles. It’s too heavy to Carry this tear drop, pain pleasure with you … always I adore to have, Ithna kyun enthina nee enne ithrayadhikam kaliyaakkunnathu??? Kanna?? I just want to ask this question. Thank you Dear Betty, loved the poem the end to a chapter and new beginning to a series in your book.

Posted 7 Months Ago


Betty Hermelee

7 Months Ago

Thank you Jessy
Warmly, B
JessyJacob

7 Months Ago

Why you are awake this late where are you??
Is it a call or a preslude? Inquiring minds want to know.

Winston

Posted 7 Months Ago


Betty Hermelee

7 Months Ago

Hello W... it's however you wish to interpret it! Tha
Thanks for your review
Warmly, B
I loved the comparison you made here. It made me smile. It's hard to believe that the deafening roar and the squeal have anything in common but they actually do, the way you said it here. Interesting that you mentioned the Kenyan setting. Their wild life is the most amazing. The Serengeti National Park....It's awesome.
I enjoyed this poem so much, dear Betty.

Posted 7 Months Ago


Betty Hermelee

7 Months Ago

Thank you my dear Divya for your excellent review And I love Kenya too!!!
Warmly, B
Excellent, true and whimsical. I like it even though I am male.

Posted 7 Months Ago


Betty Hermelee

7 Months Ago

Thank you Ken, much appreciated!!!
Warmly, B

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 18, 2023
Last Updated on September 18, 2023

Author

Betty Hermelee
Betty Hermelee

Black Mountain, NC



About
My love of poetry results from my love of art. As a painter I am able to express myself on a canvas. As a poet my words come from my heart, my moods, sometimes sad, mostly upbeat. I like to use vivid .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..