Thinking of You

Thinking of You

A Poem by Beverly Jane
"

I miss you.

"

I wonder how you’re doing, are they treating you right? Tucking you in at night? I wish I knew if you will ever get to be you. Or will they take that too. I miss you. My heart is on the edge, thinking of you. I love you still, until my very last meal. Do they teach you to pray? That God is thinking of you? Are they pushing your thoughts away? Making you forget us, until your very last day? I don’t understand, if your father was a real man… why won’t he do by you what’s right? He should fight with all his might, do what’s right. I wish I could help you, instead I sit here. In tears, I sit still thinking of you.



Dedicated to my nephew.

I miss you.

© 2013 Beverly Jane


Author's Note

Beverly Jane
True emotions here. Feel them almost every day..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not bad, but I feel like you could have expanded this a lot more instead of just rote questioning. As it stands it starts to drag on after a little bit, which is a shame considering the sentiment behind this piece. You've got a good start here, but there's still places you can polish.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Added on February 20, 2013
Last Updated on February 20, 2013
Tags: Heart ache

Author

Beverly Jane
Beverly Jane

About
Hello, wow! It's been a while since I have been on this site, it's almost like looking at a time capsule. It's been a while since I've had the same passion that I had back in high school for writing. .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Beverly Jane