Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Beverly Jane
"

"I stood alone..."

"

I stood alone in the midst of a battlefield. A heavy mist laid strongly on my shoulders. Blood soaked its self through my clothes to my skin. It was over, all over. Something ached inside me, despair, and maybe even loneliness? I grasped my thighs falling to my knees. “Gah!” I screamed. I need to be strong, I need to have strength! Putting my face in my hands I screamed again. “Addie!” I heard Peter’s distant voice. Peter? I gasped rushing to my feet and turning. The pain stricken face I had once had, was gone. “Peter,” I exclaimed running towards him. I jumped into his arms and he spun me around. Then he gently set me down and kissed me. I felt my way into his heart, happiness engulfing me. I gasped for air as we stopped. “I thought I would never see you again!!” I whispered. A smile lit up his face. “And as did I,” his voice was like a soft fleece blanket that you never wanted to get out from under. He held me close to him, and I listened to his soft breathing. “I love you,” he mumbled under his breathe, and I looked down to his side to see a gaping wound.



© 2014 Beverly Jane


Author's Note

Beverly Jane
Wonder what's going on? Nope! Not gonna tell you, keep reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on January 4, 2014
Last Updated on January 4, 2014
Tags: Angst, Pain, Mystery


Author

Beverly Jane
Beverly Jane

About
Hello, wow! It's been a while since I have been on this site, it's almost like looking at a time capsule. It's been a while since I've had the same passion that I had back in high school for writing. .. more..

Writing