10 Awesome Techniques to Ace the Experience of Mountain Biking in Singapore

10 Awesome Techniques to Ace the Experience of Mountain Biking in Singapore

A Story by BikeTechnics
"

Mountain biking is for those who always looking for adventure & all that kind of thrilling.

"

Mountain biking is not for the faint-hearted or those who don’t find adventure all that thrilling. If you really want to test your mountain biking skills and become a pro at it, you need to get yourself to ride a mountain bike in Singapore. But is getting hold of a fantastic mountain bike and great gear enough to conquer new heights in this sport?


The straight and logical answer is, ‘no’. You need to have the determination and practice to have a successful mountain biking sojourn. For that, you need to have mental agility and preparedness to march ahead in your tracks. At different points of time, you’re likely to find your mountain biking trip rather daunting. However, if you can handle this aspect skilfully and push yourself to go ahead, you’ll surely get there. You just need to train your mental faulty a bit in that direction. Physical fitness and experience matter greatly, but there’s something else as well that you need to clinch to emerge a winner. It’s being able to stay motivated and taking smart steps for that. As they say, it’s all in the mind, so the same is applicable to mountain biking.


Here’s a list of 10 innovative techniques that will help anyone master the art of mountain biking:

1.    Get Bike Maintenance and Setup Done in Advance

Even if your mountain bike looks perfectly fine and in great shape, make it a point to send it in for maintenance and setup before you undertake your expedition. Unexpected problems have a tendency to arrive unannounced, and there may be no facility to resolve it at the time of cycling, so it helps to nip a possible hitch in the bud.

2.    Kickstart your Journey with Positivity

When you are on the threshold of actually scaling the mountains, give yourself a pep talk which you need to do all through. As they say, you are beaten IF you think you are. Don’t see a daunting mountain you are about to climb as a difficult task. Go ahead positively without worrying too much about the end result, as that is what has the potential to get you there.

3.    Communicate and Bond with Fellow Bikers

If you are in a group, make sure you familiarise with everyone and communicate expressly. Sharing friendly and positive notes with others will help you stay upbeat collectively and attain your goals far more easily.

4.    Don’t Lose Sight of your Plan and Focus

Needless to say, you must have planned every nuance well in advance. What you need to do now is adhere to it thoroughly (with respect to the exact route, landmarks, estimated time of the entire journey or a lap, things to be careful about, etc.) Being meticulous and focused will help you stay on the right track and safe.

5.    Being Steady and Realistic Does Win the Race

Don’t overstretch yourself or try to go too fast at any point, especially at the start, or you may feel exhausted too early and feel fatigued. Maintain a practical pace, keep breathing deeply and increase your speed only when you’re about to finish.

6.    Be Seated for Most of the Time while Cycling

Sitting for the maximum part while biking and shifting your weight back slightly to have a proper grip on the pedals will be very helpful. You’ll conserve more of your energy and feel less tired if you don’t stand too much. Keep your upper body loose and in a relaxed position for the greater part.

7.   Pack in whatever you can to Enjoy

You can indulge in interesting games and activities with other travellers as it will keep boredom at bay and make the journey fun and enjoyable. You may also hum your favourite  songs and share anecdotes with others.

8.  Feel Peaceful and Live the Moment

Even though mountain biking is no bed of roses, you will surely create memories that you will cherish forever. No doubt you will feel exhausted and low on energy, but the trick is to do your best to see the positive and fun in what you chose to do.


9. Stay Safe

You’ll be feeling on top of the world when you’re deep into your mountain biking journey, still, make sure you don’t compromise on the safety aspect and don’t take unnecessary risks. Your well-being is, needless to say, of principal importance.

10.   Appreciate New Lessons Learnt and Experiences Gained

As you cover the final part of your mountain biking trail, gather experiences, make new bonds and create memories, keep your mind open and reflect upon what you learnt. You will have collected a treasure-trove of new knowledge and experiences. Keep them close to your heart as you will notice, you must have promised yourself you’ll be back for more!

© 2017 BikeTechnics


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on December 21, 2017
Last Updated on December 21, 2017
Tags: mountain bike in singapore, singapore mountain bike, mountain bike, MTB, Adventure, Travel, Sports, Mountain Biking