It's Time To Uncover The Myth About Mountain Biking In Singapore

It's Time To Uncover The Myth About Mountain Biking In Singapore

A Story by BikeTechnics
"

As cycling is very popular in Singapore, there are various myths associated with this activities.

"

Singapore is a country with a booming population and a limited land area. Mountain biking is very popular in Singapore as there are various popular trails for cycling like Ketam Mountain bike park in Palau Ubin, Kent Ridge mountain bike trail or Bukit Timah mountain bike trail (the oldest Singapore’s bike trail). Ketam Mountain Bike Park meets the international standard for competition in mountain biking with a trail of 10 km.

As cycling is very popular in Singapore, there are various myths associated with this activities. It is not totally risk-free but it is also thrilling. You should always wear your helmet and also wear knee pads to avoid any causality. We are here to make you aware of the myth of mountain biking in Singapore.

•    You need to be fit to ride MTB Bike in Singapore

Biking in mountains is difficult as it requires a lot of effort but cycling in itself is an activity to make you fit. You can take short rides initially to get in the mode before going for mountain adventure. Even with no prior training, you can cycle and you will be surprised knowing how easy it is on the body and manageable. MRT bike Singapore provides comfortable peddles which makes it easy to cycle.


•    Mountain bike in Singapore is Dangerous

People generally do not prefer cycling thinking that it is dangerous. The roads in the mountains are sloppy and unpaved. You just need to be careful and take care of yourself and follow the rules. While coming downhill there might be some risk. Always carry a first aid kit with you as a precaution. You can make cycling fun and enjoy the scenic beauty.

•    The roads are not for mountain bicycles

Since there are vehicles on the roads and there is a limited area. It is often conceived that bicycles hinder the normal traffic and they should use their designated lanes only. In few countries like Netherlands there are lanes for bikers but it is not always the best option. The cyclist should not block the cars and stick to either left or right lane. In some places, there are rules that cyclists should give way to other vehicles to pass since the speed of the bicycle is slower compared to other vehicles. But in general, any vehicle should give way when the need arises and not just cyclists. The regional parks in Singapore have cycling tracks.


• You cannot carry a backpack on MTB bike in Singapore

Carrying bags, backpack or stuff on your bike may be difficult but it is not impossible. But if you try to be careful and carry properly then it is possible. You need to ensure that you arrange properly and do not overload. You need to balance and evenly distribute the weight to carry safely. In order to check if you can carry the item, try walking in a straight line carrying the luggage. If you are able to carry then it will be easy to load on your bike. Make sure you carry basic essentials with you for your trip.


•    Biking on hills is very tough

Since there are tough climbs, rocky section and hillside switchbacks it might be tough for certain bikers. With MRT bike Singapore it can be easy as they have better grip and ease. In Ubin, there is a network of flat and rolling gravel road for less skilled bikers. These gravels will take you to more remote areas of the island. If you want a thrilling ride to try Ketam’s master trail which has manmade obstacles built and a pump crack.


•    MTB Bike Singapore is costly

Biking in Singapore is comparatively cheaper and the bikes are available on rental basis at PCN pitstops. You can collect it at one stop and return it at another stop without going backtrack. The cost varies from 8 to 14 Singapore dollars based on the bike quality and duration. The quality of the mountain bikes in Singapore is good and well maintained. You can also purchase a bike and ride.


•    Mountain bikers should wear special clothes

Mountain bikers often wear Spandex but it is not compulsory for all. You do not need to invest in professional attire. Just wear something which you feel comfortable biking and you are good to go. But again never forget your helmet and knee pad as it is for your protection.


Singapore has so much to offer you with the beautiful mountains, parks and scenic beauty. You will enjoy the unforgettable ride in this country. So enjoy the cycling experience once.

© 2018 BikeTechnics


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on February 14, 2018
Last Updated on February 14, 2018
Tags: mtb bike singapore, mountain bike in singapore mount, mountain biking trails, mountain bike, mountain bikes