Set out with the perfect Mountain Bike Accessories Singapore has to offer

Set out with the perfect Mountain Bike Accessories Singapore has to offer

A Story by BikeTechnics
"

Summers are the perfect time to go mountain biking in Singapore to beat the heat. And if you are armed with the right accessories like mtb helmet, Singapore would be no less than a dream destination.

"

Additionally, you need to take adequate measures and some effort to equip yourself right for your summer mountain biking sojourn because Singapore can get rather hot and balmy in the hot season. To avoid discomfort during mountain biking in the summers, follow the smart tips and tricks given below and have a great time while riding your mountain bike:





  • Prepare  Smart and Take it Easy:  To begin with, along with the mountain bike accessories Singapore summers require,  you need to familiarise yourself well with the best routes for summer mountain biking. Go for tracks which offer more shade and aren’t excessively exposed to the sun overhead. It’s ok to go a bit gentle and not test your limits during certain parts of the year  like the summers.

  • Opt for Comfortable Clothing: It’s important to wear light, breathable sports clothes that aren’t too tight. Light colours aren’t very good conductors of heat, so wear clothes in lighter shades. Look for ways to release heat from your body, especially the upper part, which lighter fabrics and vented helmet facilitate. These things allow the heat to escape your body so you feel fresh and raring to go .

  • Pay Attention to Self-protection with the Necessary Equipment: Take a look at all the mtb accessories and gear you already have and check whether they are up and running before you set on your adventure. If you need to stock up on mountain bike accessories Singapore trails specifically require, do it at the earliest by procuring them from well-known mountain biking stores. You may also consider using a lightweight mountain bike as it will be more convenient to cruise on it. If you don’t have one, you may consider borrowing it from someone or renting it.

Some More Summer MTB Tricks and Ideas: -

  • Keep Your Body Abundantly Hydrated: Don’t compromise on keeping your body properly hydrated. Carry enough water on you and keep sipping throughout. Fruits high on water content and veggies are also good to be eaten. The ill-effects of dehydration are many; it  is known to increase the heart rate, give a headache diminish your strength, increase your breathing rate and even lead to extreme heat exhaustion and heat stroke. You don’t want to suffer all this while venturing out on an adventure, so prepare yourself well right from the early moments.

  • Sip on Electrolyte Beverages too: Presence of sodium in your body retains the liquids you drink and also stimulates your thirst so that drink more. That way your body is adequately hydrated and cool throughout. Alternately, you can also sip on a sports drink as that also keeps dehydration at bay and replenishes your body with the goodness of fluid intake.

  • Carry Smart mtb Gear: Riding light carrying only the essentials is a good way to go on a mountain biking trip in the summers. Don’t carry bulky things such as very heavy bags, bottles, etc. as they will add to tiredness. Use lighter accessories and gear also, such as a good lightweight mtb helmet Singapore weather conditions support.

  • Ride early, Avoid Peak Summer Hours: This is one of the best tips worth following when you go on a mountain biking trip. You can start early in the morning to avoid the scorching sun and take a break when it’s shining too bright. Setting out rather late in the day is not advisable as you would be exposed to a heat stroke, sunburn or dehydration. You can plan your trip according to these time frames.

  • Use Good Quality Sunscreen: A good sunscreen will keep the harsh effects of the sun at bay, so make sure you apply it liberally before stepping out. You need to wear it at least 20 minutes before you step in the sun as it takes that much time to offer protection.

  • Don’t Forget to take Regular mtb Measures: While the focus here is on how we can conquer the heat while mountain biking, have enough fun and stay comfortable by performing a few of your usual bike stunts but while being discrete and careful.

© 2018 BikeTechnics


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on March 19, 2018
Last Updated on March 19, 2018
Tags: mtb helmet singapore, mtb, accessories, mountain bike accessories singap