How To choose A Singapore Mountain Bike And Its Important Allied Accessories?

How To choose A Singapore Mountain Bike And Its Important Allied Accessories?

A Story by BikeTechnics
"

There are many different kinds of mountain bike variations present and available today on the best bike shop in Singapore online. If you are wondering which bike is right for yourself, here is a brief

"

While the term mountain bikes may give an impression of a bike that can ride solely on the mountain trails and adventure trips, constant improvements in frame design and other aspects of the bike have made them a capable and worthy choice for all kinds of terrains including the city roads. Mountain bikes (MTBs) have greater traction because of their built and design and can be pulled and moved easily on any kind of surface including the hilly and mountain surfaces and trails. As they are often ridden by the riders for prolonged time durations, they also provide for immensely higher comfort level through their frame, saddle and design features.


There are many different kinds of mountain bike variations present and available today on the best bike shop in Singapore online. If you are wondering which bike is right for yourself, here is a brief guide to help you out.

The built materials for a mountain bike for sale in Singapore

Mountain bikes can be made of many different kinds of materials, which impact its weight, dimensions, and other aspects.

Aluminum: The aluminum mountain bikes are by far the most popular mountain bike on sale in Singapore today because of their affordability, overall reliability, durability, and a light frame structure and weight.

Steel: Steel has exceptional strength, reliability, and can resist corrosion easily. But because of its higher weight, the steel mountain bikes are not as popular as the aluminum bikes.

Carbon fiber: The Carbon fiber frame is a relatively a new discovery and offers everything that modern mountain bike riders would need and require. The qualities of the material include an exceptionally lightweight, absorption of vibration, exceptional strength, and resistance to a range of adverse agents.

Titanium: While Titanium was earlier used in the manufacturing of aircraft only, improvement in processes have provided for its use in the building of bike frames as well. Titanium bikes have an entirely different and a very attractive look and are exceptionally strong.

Wheel size variations for a mountain bike for sale in Singapore

Singapore mountain bike variants according to wheel sizes include:

The 26-inch wheel size: The earliest of all wheels for off-road biking was 26 inches in size. These bikes provide for snappier handling and are good for downhill riders.

The 29-inch wheel size: The larger wheel size provides for lesser efforts during biking, faster speed, greater traction, and is preferred by the cross country riders.

The 27.5 inches wheel ride: The halfway mark size has been achieved more recently and these bikes are good for many different kinds of terrains, endurance biking, and even the cross-country adventures.

Choosing the important bike accessories and bicycle parts in Singapore

Mountain bike accessories provide for safer rides and also add more fun and enjoyment to the adventurous trails. Here are some of the most important mountain bike accessories that you should always have with you when you start to ride your MTB.

The MTB helmet at the best bike shop in Singapore

The MTB helmets protect your skull and face, which are very important body areas and parts that should be protected while riding. MTB helmets also have different variations and cover your face partially or fully, and also vary in the extent of ventilation they can provide. You can choose a helmet on the basis of the trails you ride, and the duration for which you go for MTB riding.

Water bottles and the Hydration Systems at the best bike shop in Singapore

The water bottles that attach themselves to the bottle cage, which is installed on the frame of the MTB has been in use for quite some time. But the bottles have a limited capacity and if you are on an adventure trail that will last for more than 2 hours, this much of water would be insufficient. A more comprehensive and useful option would be the hydration system that comprises of the hydration bladder and the hoses that are all placed in a bag, which you have to carry at your back. Apart from keeping you hydrated on the longest of rides, these packs also have the excessive storage spaces that you can use to store other items.

Tube and Pump as bicycle parts in Singapore

Always remember to carry an extra tube on your mountain trail adventure ride and you can buy the bicycle parts in Singapore online itself. Also, keep a small hand pump in your hydration bag that can fill the tube in no more than 1500 repeated pumps.


Other accessories including the riding shorts gloves, eyeglasses, and night lamps, may also be necessary depending on the terrains you are going to explore and the timing of the tour. A leading Singapore bike accessories shop can provide you all the accessories at nominal rates.

© 2018 BikeTechnics


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe