Chapter 4: Revelations

Chapter 4: Revelations

A Chapter by Britiney Harper

Chapter 4: Revelations

Landon really screwed up this time and he didn’t know what to do to fix it. Luxx was pissed and upset and so was his sister. Of course Charlie by association wanted to murder him. There was a chance that Luxx actually called her brother and he was coming to murder him. He worked out and everything but Rueben was very muscular and a firefighter. And the guy was scary; he didn’t know anybody that didn’t agree with that. You did not mess with Rueben Lenox and if you did then you were dead. The pain of being beaten to death by Rueben would be welcome if he could spare Luxx anymore pain.

How could he not know? Or worse was why hadn’t he suspected? The getting pregnant thing he couldn’t have guessed but the other part he could have. Landon remembered when Lacey got a call about Luxx. They had both been at their parents’ house and Gigi first called looking for Luxx. Because Luxx was supposed to pick her up and she was a half hour late. It wasn’t like her to ever be late for anything so it was something to be concerned about. At that time Landon was only vaguely aware of the stalking situation. He’d gone to give Gigi a ride and went in the house with her. By that point his parents and sister where over too.

Marco, Rueben and his father were out looking for her. Lacey was calling anybody that was friends with Luxx. Piper was the mellowest person in the world and she was a pretty hysterical. That was when he knew how bad it really was and Gigi told him the guy had been abusing her sister and then stalking her. The police were called and it turned into a big thing. Landon was mostly in charge of watching over Gigi. Luxx had been missing for about two hours when Rueben found her. He’d called around and got the guy’s parents’ address. Conveniently his parents were out of town and so that was why he took her there.

Everything that followed Rueben’s call that he was going to the house was a blur. The fathers were going to meet him there. From what he heard Rueben had gone and looked in a window and saw Luxx being dragged across the floor. She’d been unconscious so to him she looked like she could be dead. The fire had already been started and it was in front of the door. Somehow Rueben got in and pulled Luxx out. Her attacker tried to run but got badly burned then caught by the police. Of course everybody went to the hospital.

Just getting a glimpse of her bloody and limp was enough to haunt Landon for the rest of his life. He just barely was able to shield Gigi and Lacey from seeing. Piper saw her and passed right out. Luxx was in the hospital for at least a week, but she didn’t want visitors once she was awake. Not even Lacey, so Landon definitely didn’t see her. It took a couple weeks of being at home before she would see Lacey at all and that really hurt Lacey. Charlie had flown in the same day as the incident and he went straight to her and she let him. Lacey didn’t like that because she had been Luxx’s friend first and all.

When Landon saw Luxx again it had been over a month since everything happened. She didn’t leave the house for at least 3 months. Everybody did whatever they could for her during that time and gradually she got back to normal. What happened to her had been bad enough from what he knew. So now to hear her actually say it all and add to what he thought he knew, was awful. This was the perfect opportunity to back off and leave Luxx alone. But she was upset and mostly at him and it was enough to make her go off on her own. She never went anywhere alone anymore.

Lucky for him she was just down at the dock. He purposely made noise so she wouldn’t think he was sneaking up on her. She’s had nearly an hour to calm down. When she saw him she looked annoyed instantly. That didn’t stop him, nothing could stop him anymore. All the common sense and any reason for staying away just didn’t matter. Landon wanted her and he couldn’t make himself stop so he was going to try again once more. If she turned him down he would leave her alone. Or at least he would try to.

“You don’t want to talk or hear me apologize so I won’t say anything. I am truly sorry and I do care about you and you know that. I’ll just sit here with you,” he told her.

Luxx didn’t say anything but she didn’t make him leave or leave herself. She just laid back and stared at the sky. So he laid beside her and practiced good patience. Eventually she let him take her hand. Then she let him put his arm around her and rested her head on his chest. Perfect, this moment with her was the most perfect moment ever. Picture perfect actually. He pulled out his cell phone and took a picture of the two of them. She laughed but didn’t tell him not to. Pretty much he knew he was on a road that he very rarely travelled, it led to a place he avoided. He was falling in love with her, real love not friend/family love. Still he wondered if he was truly right for her.

 

Tess needed to see Landon and Luxx together with her own eyes to believe it. She went to their room and picked up Landon’s camera. Obviously he’d taken pictures while lying in bed with her. The evidence was right there and he was kissing her in some of the pictures. Most of the pictures on his memory card were of Luxx. What did he see in the prissy ballerina? She liked Luxx and all but not when she stole Landon away, of course little Miss perfect did. Everybody knew Tess wanted Landon and Luxx had him now. It took all her strength to put the camera down without deleting the pictures and leave the room.

When she got back to the room she was sharing with Claudia she looked out the window in time to see them. The two of them were walking holding hands like it was ok. It made her feel sick. She tried to take deep breaths to calm herself but it wasn’t working. So instead she decided to take a few pills she had. And she chased the pills with vodka from her flask. As soon as this kicked in she wouldn’t have to think or feel. Tonight she wasn’t going to care about anything. Garret had been trying to get her to pay him attention, maybe she would.

She went back downstairs and immediately smelled food. Oh she was starving, when was the last time she ate? There was a mountain of pizza boxes on the kitchen counter. Everybody was getting food was chattering happily and stuffing themselves. None of them had any self control at all and it was disgusting. The temptation was so strong, one piece wouldn’t kill her. But maybe if she wasn’t such a pig then Landon would want her. After raging an eternal war she took a slice of pizza and also fixed herself a drink. Rum and coke, heavy on the rum and light on the coke. Just a bite or two would be enough, nobody would notice anyway.

Nobody paid her any attention ever no matter what she did. She was never pretty enough or good enough or talented enough or thin enough. When Amanda decided she wanted breast implants for her 18th birthday Tess had gone with her to see about it. So Amanda’s mother offered to buy her some too. Her flavor of the month was a plastic surgeon and has paying for it himself. Tess couldn’t say no so she got them, who turned down free breasts? It did improve things with guys for her. Except for the one she wanted so desperately. He’d said he had a girlfriend, but she never imagined it could be Luxx. And stupid Tess had asked Luxx if he was seeing anyone. In her annoyance she did eat the whole slice of pizza.

After everyone was laughing and eating and drinking and ignoring her, they were watching Claudia’s movie. Amanda just found out she was pregnant so what was she doing? Drinking, which was something normal people wouldn’t do. Brett was so stupid, why did he let her use him like that? Then again was Tess any better? She let people use her all the time. Sometimes it was too much for her; at least she hadn’t cut herself in at least 5 years. The not eating part came and went; if she felt particularly crappy she didn’t eat. In preparation for this trip she didn’t eat for at least a week.

If her sister knew she was doing this again she would be pissed. Edie did everything she could for Tess since their con-artist parents went to jail. Tess had been in 8th grade then and it started her downward spiral. She didn’t eat and when she did she made herself throw and she cut herself. Her sister was stripping to pay bills and when she’d found out what Tess was doing she tried to help. After way too much therapy Tess was fine. Her mother got out of jail eventually and went into rehab for her other issues. Then it was just the three of them and Tess was fine for awhile. Just the occasional moments of weakness here and there. Right now was one of those moments, but it would be ok.

“Amanda, should you be drinking so much?” Tess asked when Amanda dragged her upstairs because she wanted to change.

“Probably not, I’m thinking of keeping it,” Amanda said shocking her.

“What? How is that going to work?” Tess asked, the last person on earth to trust with a child was Amanda.

“Brett would make a great father,” she replied.

“You said he wasn’t the father and that you didn’t want a child,” Tess said.

“I said I didn’t know if it was him, we do have sex ya know. Anyway upon further consideration I want to get married. His hag mother is making him stall on asking me and I want my ring now. He would marry me if I was having his baby and I could work it all out. All I need is a trainer and to hire a Mary Poppins style nanny. Then I can continue to work towards Playboy,” Amanda explained.

Tess just stared at her this was an Amanda thing to do. But it was cruel and Brett didn’t deserve it. Amanda was always the mean girl and Tess was basically her sidekick. This was going too far, she’d never interfered in what Amanda did. If she was honest with herself she wanted Landon mostly for sex and just because. The truth was that she’d always sort of had a crush on Brett. He was off-limits of course and she would never act on it. Landon was just a guy who didn’t want Amanda so Tess wanted him. It was childish but for once she wanted to feel like she was better than Amanda. Brett was so loving and amazing and a great person and Amanda was awful to him.

If Tess had someone like him she wouldn’t take him for granted. He gave Amanda anything she wanted and what did she do? Cheated on him constantly, being drunk isn’t an excuse when it keeps happening. Why did he stay with her? She was lazy, spoiled, self-centered and mean. Oh yeah Tess felt self destructive tonight. Garret always had something good to take. Her pills weren’t kicking in fast enough and she needed another drink. Wasn’t it bad enough that Landon decided to be with Luxx? Now she had to listen to Amanda plotting to do something awful to Brett.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” Tess asked and Amanda rolled her eyes.

“It’s not definite but unless Playboy is calling me now it’s a great plan B or more like A and a half,” Amanda shrugged. “You know I love Brett and I just want to be his wife. Him and you are the only constants in my life and I need you both. My mom can disappear for like a month before she decides to tell me. I can always count on you Tessy, you’re the sister plastic surgery wouldn’t let my mom have. Are you going to be here for me no matter what?”

“Yes, like you said I’m always here,” Tess replied. Amanda smiled and hugged her, she felt so sick.

 

 

Charlie had hope earlier that his Landon problem would be over and done with. That loser had no right digging into Luxx’s business. And he accused her of having an STD? Luxx could just be his and no more stupid painter boy. But no, Landon was a pest that wouldn’t go away. Not only was he making stupid lovie eyes at her, he was whispering to her. Now when everyone was gathered in the living room to watch Claudia’s movie it got worse. Before Landon was hiding his little fling but not anymore. He actually pulled Luxx down on his lap in the chair he was sitting in.

“Landon and Luxx, do you have something to share with the rest of us?” Brett asked because everybody noticed.

“Maybe,” Landon replied. “Luxx are you going to agree to go out with me now?”

“I’ll think about it,” Luxx said and she was blushing.

“The two of you are so adorable together,” Lacey said. Nobody missed that sarcasm and the room went silent.

“Let’s see this movie,” Porter said changing the subject.

Claudia was curled up on the end of the couch with her fiancé next to her. She pushed play and Porter turned off the lights. It was weird that Claudia’s fiancé was here, he never wanted to hang around her friends before. Whatever, he was good looking but that wasn’t Charlie’s concern. Maybe if he got together with Lacey they could put an end to this. Lacey was a little jealous because Luxx liked him more. She could get over it though, it was old.

Watching Luxx all curled up with Landon touching her really annoyed him. Claudia was good at what she did and her little documentary was pretty good. In it there he was dancing with Luxx. They were always in sync with each other and could anticipate what the other would do. This was a distraction from his plotting. He and Luxx were made for each other. His sexual preference wasn’t getting in the way and neither would Landon. Charlie looked over and caught her eyes, she smiled. There was a certain way she smiled at him, he loved her so much. No one could take her away, he wouldn’t let it happen.

After the little viewing of Claudia’s movie everybody praised her and told her how great she was. Charlie got Lacey to come outside with him to have a chat. Would it sound like a jealous boyfriend for him to say anything to her? Obviously he was not Luxx’s boyfriend, not really anyway. But he could count on the fact that Lacey would not want her man-w***e brother penetrating Luxx. Just the thought of Landon touching Luxx and having sex with her disgusted him. Even though Charlie pretty much knew he was gay his whole life, he did have sex with a girl once. It was just to see if he could like it and well he still preferred men.

“You want to talk about Luxx and my brother, right?” Lacey asked him and he nodded.

“We both know that he’s no good for her,” he replied.

“I love my brother but I agree with that statement,” she said.

“So what can we do about this situation? Luxx can’t afford this distraction; we have very important auditions coming up.”

“I don’t even know what to do I thought he was going to end it but no he went public instead. I told her it was a bad idea to go model for him. Maybe it’s just a little fling and they will just get over it in a few days or weeks.”

“Maybe we don’t have to worry,” he said something occurring to him.

“What’s with with look?” She asked now she looked concerned.

“Rueben isn’t going to let her be used by your brother,” he said.

“So you think the solution is letting her brother beat my brother to death?” Lacey asked staring at him like he was crazy.

“Would it really be so bad? I mean he seduced Luxx and he made her cry, somebody needs to put him in his place. And he wouldn’t actually kill him,” he replied.

“Ok, I don’t want my brother screwing my best friend but I don’t want Rueben to get involved. Which means that it has to end before we go back home so you better figure something out. We both know the real reason you don’t want Luxx to have a boyfriend is because you are in love with her. Don’t you dare deny it; she’s like the only one that doesn’t see it. She trusts you more than anybody else and you want her to be alone for your own selfish reasons,” she said.

“It isn’t selfish because I do love her and there’s nothing wrong with loving someone. I would never hurt her or let anyone hurt her. Why is that selfish? You don’t need to have sex with someone to love them. We are connected she and I, and the only problem I see is your brother. Landon wants to use her for sex and I love her and would never use her. A week or two weeks from now he’ll be on to his next victim,” he said.

“Charlie you need therapy, like seriously she’s never going to be with you how you want. When will you realize that? Even you can’t be satisfied in a relationship with out the sexual side. This whole conversation is ridiculous; the point here isn’t your little delusions.”

“Maybe you need to go have sex so that you won’t be so uptight. You tell me to get over things but you’ve been feeling threatened by me since we were 4 years old. Grow up sweetie, cause if you wanna go there I can say a lot about you.”

“Oh really? There are no words for you and how annoying you are,” Lacey said. They were both getting a little angry and falling back into their rivalry. It wasn’t his fault that her best friend liked him more.

“I’m annoying? Please, get a life Lacey I can honestly say I’m above your childish bickering. I won and you lost get over it,” Charlie said.

“Sometimes I really think you are from another planet,” she said in obvious frustration.

“And sometimes I underestimate how pathetic you really are,” he replied.

“Girls,” Luxx called giving them both a look. “No more fighting.” When she was close enough he pulled her over to him and Lacey rolled her eyes.

“Anything for you,” he said to Luxx.

“Lace, can I talk to you?” Luxx asked looking a little nervous.

“Sure whatever,” Lacey shrugged. Then she walked away to sit down in one of the chairs.

“Char, you promised me that you would quit fighting with Lacey. You are my best friends I hate it when fight,” Luxx said pouting at him.

“Yeah I know, you know I can’t have you unhappy,” he sighed. Anything she wanted he would give to her, even if it meant trying to get along with Lacey. But he couldn’t let her make the mistake that was Landon Asher.

“Good, I love you Charlie, now I’m going to talk to Lacey alone,” she said. She kissed him quick and headed over to sit with Lacey. They always kissed each other on the lips, but now he felt like he was kissing Landon. And that mouth had been on a lot of women. He needed to get his Luxx away from that guy before he gave something.

 

“How mad are you at me?” Luxx asked Lacey.

“I’m not mad at you, I’m mad at him,” Lacey replied. Actually “mad” was a huge understatement, she was furious.

“Well I could have said no and I didn’t,” Luxx said. Did she really have to defend him?

“I’m sorry I said something about what happened with you. Just the whole you and him thing shocked me,” she admitted.

“When you said what you did he assumed that you meant I had some kind of disease. That really made me mad like why would I do something like that?”

“Newsflash honey, Landon is talented not smart.”

“If you really don’t want us together then I won’t be with him,” Luxx said seriously.

“Just tell me how this happened,” Lacey said and she nodded.

“Friday he picked me up after my rehearsal and we had lunch then we went back to his place. He’d been talking about studying the human form more in-depth and some other blah blah artsy talk. So I was wearing a skirt and a bra and I didn’t care cause you know its Landon. Long story short he painted for awhile and after I was lying on his bed and he said he wanted to touch me. I let him obviously and we kissed and then we had sex twice. He told me he has feelings for me but if I didn’t want the sex to mean anything it didn’t have to,” she sighed.

“Spending so much time with him I kind of did feel something so I told him maybe. Then I wake up and we’re sharing a room here, he never actually asked if I wanted to. Well we had sex twice here and the third time was when you caught us. Lace, I like your brother and I’m sorry. Trust me I don’t want to like him but I do.”

Hearing this didn’t really help at all, her best friend and her brother. It was gross on so many levels. What could she say? Was it wrong to want this little whatever to end? Was it selfish? No, Landon was selfish to do this at all. Luxx was still vulnerable no matter how hard she tried to hide it and a good friend would help her. An unholy alliance with Charlie was the only way to really fix this. She had to protect her friend and her friendship, even if it was from her own brother. Landon would never stop being her brother but she couldn’t risk losing her best friend.

“I love you Luxx but you have no idea how stupid this is. But it’s your choice and you know that he is going to hurt you. He hurts everybody that’s what he does and you are inviting this. We’ve been friends for too long and I don’t want to lose you as a friend. This is a huge mistake but it’s your life,” Lacey said.

“Maybe it won’t work out but that doesn’t change things with us. Why would you think that? What happens between me and Landon has nothing to do with me and you. And I know its stupid to be with him but he’s one of the very few guys I trust. Life would be so much easier if Charlie wasn’t gay, then we would be perfect for each other,” Luxx said. Little did she know Charlie really did feel something for her that wasn’t friendly.

“Ok I don’t need to know anything about my disgusting brother and his sex life but how did he convince you to have sex in the freaking woods?” Lacey asked because she couldn’t help it, nothing could be helped anymore.

“Actually that was my idea,” Luxx said with a laugh.

“Seriously? When did you turn into such a little freak?”

“Um two days ago, so are we going to be ok?”

“Of course, you’re my sister since my parents just had to have a boy,” Lacey said.

“I like having a big brother,” Luxx replied.

“Your brother is so sexy,” Lacey said and they both laughed.

“You have a boyfriend so I know you would never date my brother. So are you going to move in with Porter?” Luxx asked as a good best friend would.

“Yes, I already told him I would,” she sighed. “I guess I asked for this with my relationship with Porter.”

This was karma; she dated her brother’s best friend so he was preying on hers. Things with Porter were different than this, or were they? Was it wrong she didn’t believe her brother could fall in love? Thinking about this would drive her insane. Maybe she would help Charlie and maybe she wouldn’t. But she wondered would Luxx forgive her if she did this?

 

 

Claudia had excused herself to go change for bed while the guys were playing pool. Ali was fitting in nicely with her friends, thankfully. What she needed to do was call her sisters. She was very close to the three of them and she didn’t know how to behave with Ali. Her experience with guys was minimal and she wasn’t sure what to expect here. During the showing of her movie Ali was beside her with his arm around her. Him being so close to her made her a little nervous. But she did like it too, which she should if he was going to be her husband, right? Since she couldn’t pick one sister to call she called all three so that they could all talk at once.

“Na-Na is something wrong?” Bakula asked her sounding concerned.

“Not exactly, but Ali is here,” Claudia admitted and all three gasped.

“Do his parents know?” Gita asked.

“Um I don’t know he told his mother that he might check on me,” she said.

“What did he need to check on?” Jaya asked, she wasn’t really a fan of him.

“That is probably why mom asked if I had spoken to you,” Bakula said.

“Why is he there Na-Na?” Gita asked.

“Since when do you hang out with him?” Jaya asked.

“You aren’t doing anything inappropriate with him are you?” Bakula asked.

“Well Luxx sent him a text saying I wanted him to come and he actually did. I didn’t take her seriously and he showed up. He was going to leave but I told him to stay and he said he wants to spend time with me. And no La, I’m not doing anything bad,” Claudia answered them. Maybe she should have called just one and not all. This way she wouldn’t have to repeat herself. Except that she was going to have to re-tell this story to her mother tomorrow.

“Are you going to sleep with him?” Jaya asked and the other two sighed.

“Of course she isn’t Jaya, Na-Na is a good girl,” Bakula said.

“Well they are getting married so sleeping together wouldn’t be that bad,” Gita said. “As long as it was actual sleeping, unless you are saying you are ready for sex.”

“No, she can’t be,” Bakula said.

“Why? If she wants to have sex she should, you didn’t wait till you were married La,” Jaya pointed out.

“Na-Na is the good child, she’s never done anything wrong,” Bakula replied. “It is one thing to spend time with Ali but you should be better than us.” Of the two that were married neither were virgins when they got married.

“I’m not having sex with anyone and we are not sleeping in the same bed, I’m in a room with Tess. The reason I called was because I’ve never been alone with him so I don’t know what to do, he’s being very nice though. He says he wants us to go on a date,” she told them. Another collective gasp, of course they knew him as well as she did so they understood.

“I thought he wanted to date other people?” Gita asked, Claudia told her sisters everything there was no reason for secrets.

“Why does he suddenly want your attention? Because he knows you are a virgin and he wants to use you?” Jaya asked, she was the cynical one.

“Ok even I might agree with Jaya, here,” Bakula admitted.

“Men are disgusting they think they can have whatever they want especially when its gift wrapped for them. Na-Na, do not let him sweet talk his way into your panties. He will try, he thinks you belong to him and always have and we all know it. That’s why it’s ok for him to ignore you and act like you aren’t of interest for him,” Jaya told her.

“Jaya, not all men are awful and Ali is a good guy, he’s never been unkind to her. We can all agree that maybe you had a bad match but she doesn’t. How could he ever really show her interest with chaperones always there? Na-Na are you going to date him?” Gita asked.

“We are going to lunch in town tomorrow,” Claudia admitted.

“Maybe we need to talk to Ali,” Bakula said. Oddly enough the three of them agreed on that, but not Claudia.

“No, I am an adult and I can go on a date, I have before. Ali isn’t going to try anything, he’s not like that. And don’t say I don’t really know him, I have known him my whole life,” she sighed. This was so difficult, maybe she should have called after.

“Na-Na just be careful, we don’t want you to get hurt. If he does anything you don’t like just tell him no. Since you aren’t married yet, they could find you someone else,” Bakula said gently. They babied her, everybody in her family did.

“There is no law that says you have to marry a man our parents chose for you just because you have the same birthday. A lot of people share birthdays and aren’t out marrying each other because of it,” Jaya said.

“Must you seed your discontent in our little sister?” Bakula asked Jaya annoyed.

“Hush you two; if Na-Na has a bad experience with Ali then we couldn’t let her marry him. We are here for you little sister and always will be, and we don’t want you miserable. Sometimes people aren’t properly matched but get stuck,” Gita said.

“I will go out with him and that is it, no inappropriate touching or anything. Just us having a meal together like we have all of our lives. Being alone with him will not change my values and I appreciate how good you all are to me. I’m going to go to bed and I will call the three of you tomorrow,” Claudia said.

They said their good-byes and told her they loved her and she ended the call. That left her exhausted; she laid in bed instead of finishing dressing. It wasn’t like Tess hadn’t seen her in her underwear before. Her sisters meant well and loved her and she knew it. But she did fear a bad marriage with Ali. Wasn’t that why she asked him to stay? The door opened and Tess came in, she’d been acting odd most of the day. Probably because Landon was publicly all over Luxx and made it clear he wanted a relationship with her.

“I’m sleeping in Garret’s room,” Tess said.

“Are you sure that is a good idea?” Claudia asked concerned for her friend.

“No, but I want some male attention so I have to settle for him. Don’t worry about me, I just need this,” she said. Not so discreetly she pulled off her panties and threw them in her suitcase. “See you in the morning, oh and your fiancé is hot.” Without waiting for a reply Tess left the room.

A knock on the door made her look up a few minutes later. Resting was rare for her, she was always busy. At the door was Ali and he was staring at her. Of course when she was laying in bed with a tank top and panties on. When he saw her looking at him he turned his back so she pulled on her yoga pants. In the morning she was probably going to go do yoga with Charlie and Luxx. It sometimes helped keep her centered in her hectic life.

“You can come in,” she said and he turned again.

“I’m sorry,” he said though he definitely was checking her out. So odd because he never did that before, not that she knew of anyway. Were her sisters right?

“It’s ok I wasn’t naked, I’m sure you’ve seen girls in less,” she shrugged. She wasn’t really shy about her body because she saw no point. Her parents would prefer her to be very modest but what they didn’t know wouldn’t hurt.

“I was coming to see if you were already going to sleep,” he said.

“Um I don’t know, I was just going to change but talking to my sisters can be exhausting,” she replied.

“You told them I was here?” He asked looking a little worried.

“Just them not my parents,” she shrugged. Hesitantly he came to sit beside her on the bed. In the past she’d always thought of him as confident but she was seeing such a different side to him when they were alone.

“Speaking of your parents, I wanted to talk to you about your film,” he said.

“What? I know it can’t be a career for me, but I just love it. Don’t worry your wife will be a doctor,” she sighed.

“No you misunderstand me; I think you should pursue this if it’s what you love. We talked about your passion for this before, after tonight I really see it. Why don’t you tell your parents you don’t want to be a doctor?”

“Because I can’t disappoint them, you know them and how they are. I’m either a doctor or a mother there’s no in between. Honestly I’m nowhere near ready for children so that leaves one option.”

“What if I talk to them? My wife should get to choose what will make her happiest and I want you happy. Let me talk to them about this,” he said shocking her.

“Ali,” she whispered not knowing how to respond. Before she could figure out a response he cupped her face with his hands and kissed her.

“Aashna you are so beautiful,” he whispered. “I’ve wanted our wedding day to come for so long so that I could just kiss you like this.”

“You never seemed like you wanted me around at all,” she replied.

“Because we’ve never been alone and I didn’t think you would let me touch you. Now that I’ve seen you in your own world I can’t help it,” he told her. “Do you want me to stop?”

“Kissing is fine but I will not do anything else,” she told him and he nodded. For some reason she felt like crawling over onto his lap straddling him, which was what she did.

“Is your friend coming back in here?” He asked and she shook her head so he kissed her.

Making out with her future husband was probably such a bad idea, but she couldn’t stop. She was always the one buried in her studies and never chasing after boys. Spending a life time of being alone and watching others do what they wanted was hard. But she always convinced herself she was too busy and it wasn’t important. Maybe it was a little bit. Her parents didn’t want her to date so she basically didn’t. So it was ok to make out with Ali, right? Kissing him with his hand sliding very slowly under her tank top felt good. Sexual type attention she wasn’t use to. Didn’t mean she would go further than this but she liked this. Even if she was a little curious about certain things, she had to remember how important being a virgin was to her mother and her sisters.

 

 

Luxx was laying in bed staring at the ceiling, she’d needed a moment to herself. What if Lacey and Charlie were right about Landon? Could she really recover from having her heart broken again? Thinking was exhausting so she didn’t want to think.  Maybe she needed to do a little drinking. Having previously lost control of her life she didn’t drink because she needed control. So how was she going to stop herself from thinking too much? Her phone rang unexpectedly, it was her little sister. It was 2 in the morning why was Gigi calling now?

“G, its past your bedtime,” she answered into the phone.

“Are you dating Landon?” Gigi asked her surprisingly.

“Um how could you know that?” She asked but then she figured it out. “Mom told you I’m dating Landon?”

“Sort of, why didn’t you tell me?” Gigi demanded.

“Cause it’s not really anything yet and it literally just happened. Did mom tell dad or Rueben about this?”

“You better hope not, she told Landon’s mother.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yep, I was listening and then asked her and she said you really were.”

“Don’t you dare tell Rueben, he’ll freak out.”

“Ya think? You should have brought me with you, I’m bored.”

“G, I love you and we will do something when I get back and I will tell you everything. Go to bed my love, you need to rest,” she told her sister.

“Fine,” Gigi sighed. “You better call me.”

“Of course,” she replied. She adored her 15 year old little sister, they were a lot alike.

“Use protection,” Gigi said giggling.

“Shh you don’t know what sex is,” she said and they both laughed.

After saying good-bye to her sister she laid there still alone. She was never alone anymore; going down to the dock by herself was the first time. What she needed to do was learn to stand on her own without everybody else. That was the only way to get over this. She knew she hid from it and made excuses to herself but it was time. And she appreciated the support from her family and friends, without them she wouldn’t have made it. One thing she could never forget was that when she thought her life was over that her brother was there. He saved her life and she thought of that every day. What if he hadn’t come looking for her? What if he was 10 minutes too late? Those things she thought of a lot.

Telling Landon everything was really hard for her and she felt weird about it. What if he got to thinking about it all and realized it was too much for him? Sometimes it was too much for her and it was her life. When she first started thinking of Landon in sexual terms she’d just figured it was because she was lonely. Yes she had her family and Charlie was almost always with her but it was different. There was a difference between being with people and being with someone. She wanted to be with someone again but she was too afraid to put herself out there. Then there was Landon, she could trust him and she knew him. Fantasizing about him was easier than actually doing this.

When Landon pulled her down on his lap she was surprised and he basically admitted liking her to everybody. Not having a secret was so much easier, but she did feel bad about one thing. Tess was her friend and Tess liked Landon and she knew it. But she also knew that Landon didn’t like Tess like that. She needed to talk to Tess, not tonight though. Landon came in while she was dozing off; it had been a long day. Very emotionally draining, maybe she would skip morning yoga with Charlie.

“Sleep, you don’t have to get up,” Landon told her.

“Are you coming to bed?” She asked and he nodded and shut the door.

“I’m tired and way too sober to stay awake,” he said. He took off his jeans turned off the light and got in bed with her. “When we go back home I’m going to have to have you spend the night, I like sleeping with you.”

“Me too,” she replied loving the feeling of being in his arms. Times like this she had no worries about their future or tomorrow. If only it could be this simple all of the time.



© 2011 Britiney Harper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
Added on July 10, 2011
Last Updated on July 10, 2011


Author

Britiney Harper
Britiney Harper

pittsburgh, PA



About
...A Few Things... 1) Hi! I'm Britiney 2) I Love to Write 3) I love to read 4) I'm a nerd 5) i love my Family more than anything else 6) I've been writing since i was 8yrs old (but really b4 tha.. more..

Writing