White Castle.

White Castle.

A Story by Abigail

I awake to a gentle nudge. I look up and I see my mother. She is as young and beautiful as ever. She still  smells of her perfume and for once she looks happy. I barely mutter out, "mom?"
She nods and hold me tightly. I start crying into her shoulder and she holds me closer. 
She pulls me away and looks at be quietly saying "I have something to show you," she helps me off the ground and walks me into my my grandmas house. Something isn't right with the house. Instead of being its vibrant daffodil yellow it's a muted grey. Almost like it isn't alive.
Mom walks me up the steps and whispers in a hollow voice, "be prepared,"
I take a deep breath as she opens the door, I close my eyes, and my heartbeat slows.
"It's okay, you can open your eyes," she insists.
I open them and I see my parted family. On the couch my great grandparents sit on the plaid couch with warm smiles on their faces.
"It's so good to see you," my Grandpa Joe states.
"I've missed you so much," Grandma Iris says smoothly.
I walk to the couch and hug them. 
"Hey neighbor, someone wants to see you," I whip around and I see my grandpa holding something small.
I look at my mom and whimper out "Is it?"
She says nothing and only nods.
I slowly walk over to my grandpa slightly shaking as I reach out. Without anyone speaking my grandpa passes me the bundle. I look down and it's my Winter. I start crying and laughing at the same time. Grandpa helps me the other couch. I sit holding my lost baby kissing her forehead and holding her tiny little hand. Her skin is as soft and perfect as I could have ever imagined. She starts cooing as if she knows her mother is holding her. She opens her eyes and I see her beautiful blue-green eyes. Just like her fathers.
I whisper, "I'm your mama, beautiful," and kiss her on her hand.
My mother, while fighting back tears, stutters, "I....I have to show you something. Please bring my grandbaby," she stands up and I follow her with winter in my arms.
We walk down a couple blocks and come across a door. 
"Trust me," My mother speaks.
I nod and she opens the door. All of a sudden there is a giant white castle on the other side of the door. We walk through and she takes my free hand. We walk up the clouded steps and we are stopped by someone familiar. She hugs my mother and turns to me and says, "you've gotten so big," and wanders away.
I ask who that was and she simply says "that's your other great grandma,"
"She looks nothing like her?" I question.
"Here people can look how ever young they want. That was your great grandma when she was 16."
We start walking again and she states, "this where everyone and anyone can live."
"Do you live here?"
"I live with your grandpa and my grandbaby of course," she happily says rubbing Winters forehead.
"I'm ready to go back, this is a lot to take in I just want to spend time with my family," I say teary eyed.
She nods and takes me back to the house.
I sit holding my baby just staring into her eyes for what felt like years.
I look up and humbly say "I'm ready to go." 
I give my baby once last hug and kiss, "I love you my precious baby," I whisper in her ear. I hand her back to my grandpa and give him a hug.
I turn to my mother and say "I needed this," and hug her tightly.
She looks into my eyes and says "I know."

© 2016 Abigail


Author's Note

Abigail
Ignore grammar I'm rusty.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on October 19, 2016
Last Updated on October 19, 2016

Author

Abigail
Abigail

About
I stopped writing for a few years and now I'm extremely rusty. Don't ever stop writing. more..

Writing
Sparks. Sparks.

A Story by Abigail