a letter to my late love

a letter to my late love

A Story by Abigail
"

this will be a letter to my partner that passed away October 3rd 2020. He passed away due to an accidental overdose after being sober for about 7 months.

"
To, my love,
This year will be four years without you. I miss you every single day and still cannot believe I have to live this life without you.I still miss the sound of your voice, the way you smelled, the way I would scratch your back until you fell asleep. I miss the way you were a father to my son. I miss the way you loved him, cared for him, how you would gag every time you would change his poopy diaper. 
I am so incredibly proud of you for getting sober. I know how hard that is on a persons mental health especially in the first year. I just wish you would have told me how hard you actually struggling instead of putting on a brave face for me. 
I wish you could see how big our son has gotten. I make sure he knows who you are by showing him pictures and videos. 
Thank you for showing me how to be loved and how to give love in return.
I'll see you again someday my love.
Love, Gabi

© 2024 Abigail


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on January 12, 2024
Last Updated on January 22, 2024
Tags: grief, death, addiction, love

Author

Abigail
Abigail

About
I stopped writing for a few years and now I'm extremely rusty. Don't ever stop writing. more..

Writing
Sparks. Sparks.

A Story by Abigail


Anxiety. Anxiety.

A Poem by Abigail