Sparks.

Sparks.

A Story by Abigail

I haven't seen you in five years. I am shaking. I am so nervous. My breath today has mostly been nicotine. What do I say? I hurt you. You hurt me. Will it be awkward? Will you hate me? Will I hate you? I light another cigarette. I walk slowly to the dock. I don't see you and I shake even more. "Did he not show up?" 
"Is he standing me up?" I take another puff of my cigarette before smashing it with my foot. I walk further to make sure I'm not missing you. I look to my right and there you are. I walk towards you waiting for you notice me. You look and smile. All of my anxiety washes away. I smile back. For the first time in five years I hug you. My heart melts. I savor this hug. You smell exactly the same. We sit down and I just listen to you talk. I am swimming in your voice. I am taking in every syllable. Breathing in your life I just smile and nod at your every word. What is this I am feeling? Lust, love, a crush, or simply just nostalgia? I do not care I will enjoy this moment for as long as this lasts. We end up walking in the woods to smoke. After a few hits of the joint I ask, "Is it weird that I want to kiss you right now?" You say no and I kiss you. The spark. Oh my God the spark. After all these years the spark is still there. I just do not want to stop kissing you. I do not want to loose this spark. This feeling. I am alive once again. 

© 2017 Abigail


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on July 25, 2017
Last Updated on July 25, 2017

Author

Abigail
Abigail

About
I stopped writing for a few years and now I'm extremely rusty. Don't ever stop writing. more..

Writing
Anxiety. Anxiety.

A Poem by Abigail