Nathan and His Aspiration

Nathan and His Aspiration

A Chapter by Curiosity and Black Angel
"

Young Nathan looks at the sun meeting the horizon and ponders the love of his life, Lilly

"

 

Nathan heard his mother’s heavenly voice from beyond the bunch of gathered oak trees. But he chose not to acknowledge his mother’s call to supper. On typical evenings, dinner would be finished well before the sun had its annual meeting with the horizon ahead. But his mother, sidetracked by God knows what, was late with tonight’s supper. There was a silver lining, though. It enabled young Nathan to witness the exact moment the sun and the end of the ocean met in perfect harmony. There was only one thing more beautiful, more thought-provoking than the natural even in front of Nathan. Of all the aspirations and dreams Nathan possessed dear to him, he longed for only one thing, the affection of his Fair Lilly. Lilly was the perfect model of a girl. She had the brightest shade of brunette hair that hung far past her shoulders, and her eyes mesmerized him. But she never paid Nathan any attention. Someone as beautiful as Lilly wouldn’t dare belittle herself by acknowledging someone of Nathan’s naive and pauper caliber. Nathan’s one pleading wish was to once and for all win the heart of the beautiful Lilly. Oh, he wished like a child at Christmas. “Nathan,” called out his mother. Her cry once more reminded Nathan that reality loomed overhead like an overcast cloud. And so young Nathan trotted through the bushes and tall oak trees and back home to where reality overlapped his dreams.

 



© 2009 Curiosity and Black Angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nice...quite nice and intriguing....add more chapters dear...am eager to see if this guy wins! I wish he does....he seems so sweet and nice! Btw...I'd point out a few typos/grammar/spelling flaws....but I guess this is rough work, so am letting it be for the moment!

Waiting for more!

God Bless!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is great! I love how in depth you are with you're descriptions! It creates wonderful imagery. I am excited to read more =)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

give it up shes a snob.......LOL
This turning out to be quite the good story. I love the descriptions and I can picture it all in my head. Thats what makes a good story. If you can see it then you have a hit. Great write and I would love to read more.

Kelley

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice...quite nice and intriguing....add more chapters dear...am eager to see if this guy wins! I wish he does....he seems so sweet and nice! Btw...I'd point out a few typos/grammar/spelling flaws....but I guess this is rough work, so am letting it be for the moment!

Waiting for more!

God Bless!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 12, 2009
Last Updated on February 20, 2009


Author

Curiosity and Black Angel
Curiosity and Black Angel

Long Beach, CA



About
My name is Charles and I began writing when I was nine years old. Oh, yes! It all began with mystery stories inspired by the Sherlock Holmes tales. Now I specialize in romance fiction. I have two publ.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..