Writers' Block Journal update 2

Writers' Block Journal update 2

A Chapter by Erika Jones

She was happy. She was faking it all. She wanted someone to notice her. She wanted a hug. She wanted to be recognized. She wanted to see her favorite band live. She wanted to get their autograph. She wanted a picture with them. She had medium length black hair with blue stripes/highlights. She had a lip piercing and a bridge piercing (the part between the nose, I can't remember.) She had icy blue eyes that were like daggers when cold. She was seventeen. She was tall. She was pale. Her favorite outfit was an Asking Alexandria band shirt, black skinny jeans, a belt with chains and cowboy boots. She always called herself an undead cowgirl to be like Danny Worsnop. Her inspirations were Asking Alexandria, Black Veil Brides and Memphis May Fire. She wanted to be like them. She took guitar lessons and vocal lessons. She started writing her own lyrics. She moved to LA and started a band called Misfit Princess. She was only able to do one gig before her band broke apart. She went to a free show at a bar when she was twenty-one and saw Danny Worsnop there who was drinking at a bar with his band. She smiled. She took this opportunity to say hello. She was pushed away and told to f**k off by a drunken Danny. She knew he was drunk and possibly didn't mean it so she tried again. He did the same thing again though this time with a shove. She couldn't take no for an answer so she did a banshee scream because she took scream lessons before moving to LA. She said a line from one of their songs ''They say that I can't last a day in the real world, I say you wouldn't last one night in mine.'' Ben (the guitarist/vocalist) stepped in and offered her a drink. When she sat down Danny poured his drink over her head and told her to piss off, and got everyone in the bar to do it, except for Ben (who was somewhat sober.) He apologized for his band mates. She said it was alright and left with a fake smile she knew how to do all too well. When she left she bumped into CC (Christian Coma) of Black Veil Brides. He said hello before he realized she was covered in alcohol. She apologized for bumping into him and tried to walk away faster because she didn't look up to see who she bumped into, mostly because she was embarrassed and didn't want to get recognized. CC recognized her anyway and said “Are you from the new band Misfit Princess?” She answered, “yes, why? There's no band anymore so if you want a show there's no way you can get one.” He said, “I want your autograph” and he smiled. She asked, “why have an autograph from someone that wasted half of her life trying to get here and make it?” He said, “because life is always full of ups and downs, this one was a downer. Go out there and start anew and with new people. You're a really good vocalist and a guitar player, and that's coming from a drummer and someone that can't sing worth s**t.” She finally looked up and gasped when she finally recognized the voice and was even more embarrassed. He said, “don't worry about it, if you came from the bar I think you came from, Danny's an a*s when he's drunk. So don't worry about it and go after him when he's sober.” She nodded, “Ben was nice though.” He said, “he's always nice when sober, unless he thinks you deserve a beating.” She smiled a real smile this time, something she hasn't done in a while. He smiled too saying, “so are you going to take my advice and start a new band? And probably go with a different name, especially if you got a guy in there.” She nodded and said, “I will, and I'm thinking about going with Outcasted Misfits.” He laughed, “you like the word Misfits a lot.” She said, “they were the first rock band I listened to.” He shrugged, “how about you go with … Silent Outcast.” She thought. She said, “I'll think about it mister Coma.” He chuckled, “just call me CC. And want me to walk you home? You'll attract a lot of … the wrong crowd with your clothes soaked in booze.” She said, “sure you can walk me home, I live down the street from here. And wrong crowd? Look who I bumped into.” He laughed again, “you got me this time.” She smiled and laughed as they walked to her apartment. They said good bye. He left and went on to the bar. She locked her apartment door and looked around. There wasn't much. Blank walls for when she was going to make it she'd fill it with awards, magazine covers and articles and stuff of her band. She had a small couch. No television. She went to her room after sighing heavily. Her room was small, blank walls here also, save for her mounts where she kept three guitars and a family portrait by the bed. And then she saw her razor she thought she put away. Frowning, she got her night clothes, the razor and went to her bathroom. She started the shower water and got undressed. She stared at herself for a while, thinking about why Danny acted the way he did towards her. Why he would have done such a thing when all she wanted to do was say hello and maybe get a drink together. It was her birthday after all. Sighing, she took the razor and carved 'im sorry Danny' into her right arm before getting into the shower and let her arm bleed. She would never get another chance to say hello to Danny again, because she gave up on them.



© 2012 Erika Jones


Author's Note

Erika Jones
No, there's no suicide. She changed her mind on having Asking Alexandria be her band of inspiration, or at least Danny in a way. Word count here is 1006. I was aiming for 1000, but this will do xD!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on August 3, 2012
Last Updated on August 3, 2012


Author

Erika Jones
Erika Jones

Medway, OH



About
I'm Erika and I'm a 25 year old Author. I've self-published a small poem book called "Screams of the Outcast" a couple years ago and slowly selling. Not only do I like poetry, I love writing novels an.. more..

Writing