Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Bless

The wisp looked out amongst the canopy as it floated down towards the ground gradually, the heat of it’s glowing body lowering to it’s comforting warmth that welcomed others. The child, Adelaide as it had been told, was looking around the area for the path they read upon the sign they crossed paths with a few minutes back.

“I didn’t find any source of a path, chi- Adelaide…”

“It’s fine, I think the path isn’t exactly in visible sight.” she told it, “what did the sign say anyway?”

“I think...I think it was a poem of sorts, child.”

She shook her head, “It seemed more like a riddle…”

“A riddle?”

“Yes, yes. They’re questions or stories where you have to find the answer.”

It seemed confused, “what do you mean?”


Adelaide tried to think, emerald colored eyes looking to the ground silently. “What goes up with the rain comes down?” she asked. Glancing over to the soft blue glow that silently grew a bit brighter as it thought, looking perplexed despite lacking the facial structure to express such an emotion.


“Uhm…” it muttered as the petite girl continued to look around, “uhh...well...I...guess…”

Raising a brow she looked over, “you guess what?”

A pout, seemingly, as it tried to think even harder. It’s blue glowed into a soft indigo hue in minor frustration. “It’s an umbrella, wisp.”

“Ohh!!!!!” it let out happily, but it’s voice had faltered slightly in confusion, “...what’s an umbrella?”

“You don’t know what an umbrella is?”

“Is it something that protects you?”

“...yes, from the rain.” she drawled dully.

“...like a shield?”


She nodded. It confusingly sparked. They continued looking silently, looking at the ground and all around. Behind bushes, behind vines, behind trees, but there wasn’t anything. The two tiny people looked at each other.

Adelaide heard a soft growl as she looked over, the wisp looking around and glancing over. “...was...what was that?”

“Huh?” she asked before her stomach grumbled.

“That!!”


It pointed towards her before she spoke, toneless green eyes looking into those flame gold eyes, “that was my stomach.”

“Your stomach!?” the wisp looked at her stomach before pushing it’s head against her, that comforting warmth spreading awkwardly upon contact despite the layer of cloth that was her t-shirt. “How does your stomach growl?”

“All humans’ stomach’s growl...it means we’re hungry.”

“Oh…” it looked up at her, “you’re hungry?”

“A little…”


It appeared to her that this wisp was clueless about most things. It surprised her, actually, considering its vocabulary was so mature-- it almost confused her. “Well...then...let’s get something to eat!”

“But what?” she asked, “there’s nothing here...to...eat…” Adelaide looked around, olive eyes  glinting in the strange orange gold glow of the sunlight; the wisp looked around with her, thinking attentively.

“Uhh...hmmm…” it looked around. “What...do...humans...eat?” it asked curiously, softly.

Adelaide seemed to groan softly before a pathetic screech came from her belly once again.



© 2017 Bless


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on December 2, 2017
Last Updated on December 2, 2017


Author

Bless
Bless

Louisville, KY



About
I am currently a high school student who wishes to perhaps write a huge novel some day! I also write fan work on various websites, and I draw and design characters. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Bless


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Bless


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Bless