Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Bless

Taking a nice big bite of the warm, gooey, and delicately soft pastry, the girl hummed in delight. Her bag thumped against her tiny hips as she walked down the sidewalk, holding her drink in small hands and seeming to struggle with the styrofoam cup.

The cinnamon roll warmed up her belly in the crisp air of autumn, a gust of wind causing her to shiver, the sharp feeling of her spine rattling going up and down her spine uncomfortably. Her olive colored eyes shut tightly as she whined at the cold air, despite the warmth of the sun glowing intensely and causing her head to heat up.


Adelaide looked around for a sign of her friend, who begged so much to meet up with her. Her small phone buzzed with texts earlier, telling her the exact area. This was odd, why on the other side of town?

She had made it, however, with short legs throbbing a bit from the walk. It was exactly 1 PM, an hour after her school let out, and she ate the cinnamon roll patiently. Then she took a seat at a nearby bench, staring at the break in the buildings that lead to the many trees that surrounded the small yet lively town.

The girl was bored, but showed no emotion as the child ate, setting her drink beside her. She didn’t take a single sip of the lemonade yet...she wasn’t parched, really, there wasn’t anything wrong with it either.


Her eyes flicked back and forth before they fell to her lap. She wrapped the rest of the roll in her napkin and decided to save the rest for later; turning to the lemonade she raised a brow. A rustle then sounded and made her flinch as she noticed it was a flock of birds being scared off by...something...shrugging it off and believing it to be a bigger animal, perhaps a lynx as they’ve been spotted in the area recently.

Her lips pressed together tightly before she grasped the cup. The blonde took a quiet drink through the straw as she listened to the world around her. It seemed as if the town had gone quiet since she passed the town’s fountain-- like a ghost town.

Maybe everyone was...busy...or...was there something going on she’s missed?


She sighed confusingly, feeling off at the unusual silence. Taking another sip, confirming that the lemonade was awfully sweet enough to enjoy but not too sweet to pucker her lips, nor too sour. Humming again at the taste, she looked at the time.

It was only 1:10 PM. She drank her lemonade boringly, swinging her short legs under the bench. She felt cold, looking around once again before getting up. Deciding to stroll around the place as she waited, she turned and began her prance.



© 2017 Bless


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on December 2, 2017
Last Updated on December 2, 2017


Author

Bless
Bless

Louisville, KY



About
I am currently a high school student who wishes to perhaps write a huge novel some day! I also write fan work on various websites, and I draw and design characters. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Bless


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Bless


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Bless