Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Lady of the Ring

“Yo!  Dipshits, focus!!”  Strom bellowed over the din.  Everyone quieted and looked to their CO, “We gots us some mayhem.”  A cheer erupted from the crowd.


“Excuse me Sir,” squeaked a slim blonde Private “What exactly does that mean?”


“Means we gonna blow s**t up!”  Crowed one of his peers.


The Private looked unamused as he spoke “Yeah I got that but I mean what are we going to be doing specifically ?”

Ifri slipped into the room and into one of the back corners as Strom responded to the Private.


“We are going to kill Ziege.  That’s it.  They don’t send us in to cuddle things.  Our specialty is-”


“MAYHEM!!” The crowd exploded.


Strom held his arms out, palms up and smiled.


“So we are going in to die? No other plans?”


“What’s your name soldier?” Ifri spoke up.


“Private Maximillian Miller, I just transferred about five minutes ago,” Said the Private looking confused.


A chuckle went through the crowd as a voice from the middle spoke quietly, “Hehe.  Fresh meat.”  One of the other nearby nudged him and whispered, “Shoulda said Max.”


“Well, then Maxi,” Ifri smiled, “No one is going to die on my watch.” As the crowd chuckles, she amends her statement, “None of us are going to die. We are clearing out the Ziege that are plaguing the Monito.”


“Oh so only most of us are going to die, that’s comforting.”


“Listen here Miller,” Ifri snapped, “I will have no negativity here. You will shut your mouth and do as you are told and nothing else. Is that clear?”


“Yes Ma’am.”


“What did I say?” Ifri said. 


The Private shook his head confused. 


“Good. You may continue Lieutenant.”


“We want boots on the ground.  Immediately followed by boots in their asses.  Blazhe, your group is moving out in two days in a convoy,” Sergeant Daaqoo swore, “All dat way in APCs an de ONE fuckan tank?”


“Do you have a problem, Sergeant?” Ifri said, walking toward the burly man, barely noticing his facial tattoos against the dark tone of his skin.


“You eva smell a APC fil wit soldias who ‘avent showaed in tree days?”

Ifri said, “You should encourage them to maintain personal hygiene.”


“Beating them works too.”  Strom muttered.



© 2015 Lady of the Ring


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
Added on March 23, 2015
Last Updated on March 23, 2015


Author

Lady of the Ring
Lady of the Ring

Albuquerque, NM



About
You want to know something about me? Message me. more..

Writing