Hopeless Misery

Hopeless Misery

A Story by shasha
"

She will have nobody except herself. She will be alone.

"
Naylene walked forth and back in the room, biting her lower lip as she pressed her phone against her ear.
"Come on, answer me." She uttered, her voice quivering in fear.
She didn't want her sister to fall into the old man trap. She had enough of losing. Allene was her last family member who alive. The rest of them was dead, killed by the old man.
Naylene could only warn her sister to be save for the sake of her life. She need to live for her. Or else, she would be an empty soul.
She will have nobody except herself. She will be alone.
The clock ticked, marking every passing second. Naylene took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. Her mental breakdown was the last thing she wanted.
When nobody picked up, she dialed the number again, this time, while sitting at the edge of the bed. Her feet made a rhythm on the cold floor, waiting with a spark of hope in her heart.
She only wanted to make sure Allene was fine, by hearing her bright voice calling her name. It was enough to make her relax.
What if somebody else answered her call?
Naylene shook her head, throwing the thought away.
After the fourth ring, she held her breath as someone answered the call. She was about to open her mouth when the person beat her. She frost for a while before cupping her mouth with her free hand.
"Nay?" A croaked voice answered.
Naylene heaved a sigh. A relieve one. Her heart started to beat in a slow pace and a smile pasted on her face.
"You are okay." She stated to assure herself.
"Of course I am. Do you think I will be in trouble? Silly." Naylene could imagine Allene made a face at her.
"Sorry for disturbing you just now. I will end the call so you can continue your rest."
"Nah, it's fine." A pause. Naylene could hear a muffled conversation between her sister and someone.
"Oh, Nay, someone here wants to talk to you."
Her stomach churned.
"Hello there. You still remember my words, aren't you?"
Her hands shivered and she had to hold her phone with both of her hands.
"Your life will be gone."

© 2015 shasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on May 16, 2015
Last Updated on May 16, 2015

Author

shasha
shasha

Writing
Can't go on Can't go on

A Story by shasha


As a princess As a princess

A Poem by shasha