Can't go on

Can't go on

A Story by shasha
"

Where Jeff's heart left unanswered.

"
Did he hear it right? Jeff raised his head and grinned as he looked at the girl in front of him. Tiana's gray eyes, as deep as ever, stared at him with guilt filled in them. Jeff's grin faded at the sight, but then he covered it up with a grimace. Somehow Tiana's bothered face caused his stomach to churn. "Ana, did you say something just now?"

The raven's eyes went round at his words and second later her brows knitted. "Jeff, you need to listen when someone is talking to you."

A sheepish smile crept on Jeff's face as he sensed the soft hint of annoyance in her voice. "I can't help it, Ana. Sorry." For Tiana to notice he dozed off too long was quite peculiar to the blond. But he shrugged it off, focusing on what she wanted to say instead.

The calming music in the cafe fell between them. Jeff already wanted to speak up because the pause was distressing. But just as he opened his mouth, Tiana sighed. "Let's end this."

For a moment, all Jeff could hear was how hard his heart hammered against his chest. Again, did he hear it right? Upon realizing he had been silent for a while, the blond boy blinked. Although her words had sank into his mind, he acted as though he was confused. "Hmm? What do you mean?"

Tiana's eyes connected with Jeff's brown one, causing him to feel warm inside. Those beautiful eyes never failed to fascinate him. He raised his eyebrows and the raven bit her lower lip. Every second of silence which accompanied them felt like years to Jeff. Whatever Tiana wanted to tell him, it wasn't good. She looked like she had murdered a child. Guilt and terrified registered on her face.

"I want a break up."

Jeff's eyes widened a little and he looked at the girl. What was this twinging feeling? Tiana's words repeated in his head and a strained laugh left his mouth. Why was her joke sound so real? No, he thought, this wasn't funny; Tiana stabbed his heart too deep. He brought his hand to his chest. "Ouch, Ana." The remaining laugh which came out sound so sorrow it made the raven's face hardened.

"Jeff.."

He was going to be alone. As the realization hit him, Jeff held his breath for a second, eyes shut and chest tightened. Why did she want that? They were a perfect couple. Both of them care for each other and they almost never fought.

Jeff took a breath, composing himself from looking pathetic. He opened his eyes to see Tiana gazed down at the cup on the table. The latte was untouched, Jeff realized. His mind wandered off to these few weeks, searching for when he did wrong. Unfortunate for him, nothing came in mind.

"It's not your fault, Jeff." Tiana's slow voice snapped him back from his thought. Jeff sighed. He didn't know what was it, but seem like she had lost the love for him. Or more like, he had fell from the status lover to ... Ah. Jeff's heart hurt just from thinking of that. Whatever it was, she just wouldn't love him back.

Again, he heaved a sigh. A rush conclusion was never good, but he didn't think he could hold this relationship any longer. Just by the image of Tiana suffering from waiting for his answer unease him.

"Fine." Tiana head raised to him, her eyes went round, causing Jeff's breath to stop. How can she still looks so cute even though she just broke his heart? Jeff's eyes glistened with tears when another realization struck him. He loved Tiana. A small smile crept to his face, but the second the raven said her goodbye, his smile slipped away.

They never said goodbye to each other before.

When Tiana rose up to leave, he didn't budge from his seat. As though his feet stuck to the ground, Jeff just sent her away with his eyes. Every part of Jeff's body screamed to chase her, yet he remained unmoved.

It was over, he told himself.

It's over.

© 2016 shasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on January 1, 2016
Last Updated on January 1, 2016

Author

shasha
shasha

Writing
As a princess As a princess

A Poem by shasha


Hopeless Misery Hopeless Misery

A Story by shasha