Where her life end

Where her life end

A Story by shasha
"

Sometimes the strongest among us are the ones who smile through silent pain, cry behind closed door, and fight battles nobody know about. ~Unknown~

"
 Citizen filled in the hall, each throwing sympathize gaze at the little figure on the ground. She was frozen, her eyes closed, only her moving chest indicated she was alive. Strands of hair fell on her face, hiding her blue-black cheek from the eyes of the audience. Murmurs popped up from every corner of the place, entering her ears, causing her eyes to flutter.
 She recognized the place as a hall and from the reaction the people gave her, she was sure her time was impending. She closed them again when her blue orbs landed on the citizens' faces. Stop it; her heart demanded. She didn't need to be told she was vulnerable. It made her seem useless because it means she failed.
She failed to protect them.
 Whatever the higher ups would do to her precious ones, it was her fault. For her to rebel, their screams of pain was her punishment. Day by day passed with her midnight cries, her pathetic pleas but it only made them double the pain.
 The girl opened her eyes when the image of redden fleshes and beaten up faces played in her mind. Fingers twitched, She dragged her broken arm to her face, teeth indulged on her lower lip as her wince stuck in her throat. One. Two. Tears spilled from her eyes, her heart being tore apart with the repeated images.
 Was there something to stop it? The whole cruel treatment to the witches, the curses they gave to the witch children; Will it last long? No, the voice in her heart whispered. No if someone stand for them.
 The girl moved her hand away, just enough for her eyes to be seen. She looked at the citizen, who were still with dreary expression on their faces. Will she able to speak her mind without a voice? Since there were other kids who was mute, people learn sign language, but not all. Chance was only quarter of them would understand her
 Yet she did it. Having one quarter stood for her was better than none. Ignoring how her limbs shoot with pain, she sat up, receiving gasps from the audience. Her teeth buried in her lower lip as she made some hand gestures, the taste of metal in her mouth keeping her conscious. Another round of gasps echoed in the hall, but she didn't stop.
 Even when the sound of someone's steps approached from behind, she continued. Even when her face wet with tears, her hands still telling her heart's desire. Her life time could only be counted with minutes now, so there's no regret in doing something opposing the rule. She would be dead anyway.
 At last, her trembling hands dropped to her lap, slow sobs escaped her lips. For a moment, silence filled in the place. Just when she thought she failed, a voice rose up from her left. It was quiet for a while before some voices joined in. Her eyes widened as more, more people stood up, showing their anger. Their noisiness filled in the hall and the girl was sure they heard it.
 A croaked smile crept on her face before she collapsed to the ground. No pain was gain even though she was dying now. Her burden was lifted from her shoulders yet the last blow she anticipated never come...

© 2015 shasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

413 Views
Added on December 26, 2015
Last Updated on December 26, 2015

Author

shasha
shasha

Writing
Can't go on Can't go on

A Story by shasha


As a princess As a princess

A Poem by shasha


Hopeless Misery Hopeless Misery

A Story by shasha