Soul Skinned

Soul Skinned

A Story by Kaitlynn A. Black
"

Chapter One

"

The detective lifted the tarp off the head of the victim. Frowning, he flashed a small pen light over the man’s lifeless eyes. “S**t, burned out retinas and a perma-grin.” Turning back of his partner of twenty years. Dogis, “Looks like we got the 8th Vic now.”

Dogis pulled out a small note book and scribbled something down, “Same MO, huh?”

“Yeah… they guy bloody dies happy as something blinds him and causes a massive hemorrhage in the head.”

Dogis looked around the city park that was surrounded by yellow police tape and several other on duty beat cops. “You think it might be one of them?”

“Johnson wouldn’t have pulled us off the Charisma case if it wasn’t.” The detective lit up a smoke and walked back towards Ms. Dogis, glancing back at the stiff. “What a way to go eh?”

The detective partner nodded, “yeah, I’m glad I’m female.”

The detective nodded, “Yeah seems that their power only works on men. By the looks of it with the first 7 victims, it only works on young men under the age of 30.”

Dogis glanced up at her partner with slight grin, “You saying you’re too old?”

The detective coughed, “Just old enough to know when to close my eyes and walk away.”

Both the detective and Ms. Dogis laughed for a moment and headed back to their car, an old black Buick.

 

As the detective drove out from the park and turned down City Ave, he cursed as a homeless soul covered in rags almost stepped out into the cars path, “Damn!”

Calming down he muttered, “To many homeless in this God Forsaken town.”

 

The homeless soul stopped in the road, turning its hooded head to look at the passing car. The soul chuckled, eyes glowing red from the shadows of its hood. “Soon detective. Soon I’ll have your soul too.” The sinister female voice continued to laugh as she crossed the rest of the street and disappeared into an alley way.

© 2013 Kaitlynn A. Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"S**t, burned out retinas and a perma-grin." I fell in love with the piece at that! haha that's awesome :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

YOURE BACK!!
Lovely story :) I really enjoyed reading it :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kaitlynn A. Black

11 Years Ago

Thanks!!! =) It's just the start of an idea I have in my head.
The Nude Writer

11 Years Ago

Very cool :) yay!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2013
Last Updated on April 13, 2013
Tags: Crime, Mystery, Paranormal, Nudism

Author

Kaitlynn A. Black
Kaitlynn A. Black

NC



About
Giggles or Snickers?Only you can decide! Scribbles Are Amazing!and remember to ALWAYS:Stay positive, be positive and smile lots! Regarding Turkey!Break and Then Slice! I hope ever.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lovely Lovely

A Poem by Johanna


F****t F****t

A Poem by creativequill