Break, and Then Slice!

Break, and Then Slice!

A Story by Kaitlynn A. Black
"

My Thanksgiving Blog

"

   So to explain just how it all came apart, I first must let you know that until this year, I’d never ever cooked a turkey on my own. Say “Yay!” for new experiences. With that being said, I can now move forward in time a smidge. I’d gotten the bird dressed and tied, bound like some bad bird in a second rate S&M movie that nobody would want to see. Into the oven it went, and I can attest it was promptly basted and turned and checked at the appropriate times. Then came the BEEP! The turkey was done! I then realized to my abstract horror… I had no idea how to carve the blasted hunk of a Thanksgiving sacrifice. So I did what I knew had to be done… After lamenting to myself that I really should have been paying attention all those young years when either Grandma or Mother would handle it with ease and grace, I scampered to the computer and Googled, How to Carve a Turkey. And you know what? There were hundreds of instructions and how to videos! So with an eager excitement I chose one that I found on the FOOD NETWORK web site and clicked play. Five minute later, I sat there stunned that it could be so easy. I wondered to myself, just how in the heck my elders ever managed without the virtue of Google. Anyhow, the video was my savior! The turkey was carved and its wonderful sacrifice was an amazing treat for me and my cat. We will have leftovers for at least a week! For this, I’m pleased for my first attempted roasting of a sacrificial bird for this holiday. Thus, in conclusion, I would like to sum up the most important thing the video taught me about carving a turkey… I was simply this, Break, then Slice! Then everything comes off nice!

© 2014 Kaitlynn A. Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have to admit I really liked this story. It brought a smile to my face.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Added on November 29, 2014
Last Updated on November 29, 2014

Author

Kaitlynn A. Black
Kaitlynn A. Black

NC



About
Giggles or Snickers?Only you can decide! Scribbles Are Amazing!and remember to ALWAYS:Stay positive, be positive and smile lots! Regarding Turkey!Break and Then Slice! I hope ever.. more..

Writing