Quick to Insult - Slow to Listen

Quick to Insult - Slow to Listen

A Story by Kaitlynn A. Black
"

People are loosing their humanity....

"

       This morning I watched as a fellow American posted an article about how good it is to see states voting in the legalization of pot. I then watched another fellow American reply to the post that they disagreed and stated their reason why. At which point numerous Fellow Americans began to rake that one person who spoke what they believed, up and down the coals. They called them ignorant, selfish, dumb...the list went on. That solo person added a comment that it's not wrong to have their opinion and wondered why everyone was being so mean. Once again many Fellow Americans jumped in and through mean thoughts towards that person. 

       After watching the feed for almost 15 minutes, I've come to the conclusion that if Americans who want pot legal are that agressive, I can completely understand why that individual fears it becoming legal. I was completely disgusted with the foul language so many people were using on a public feed. Their actions are more than enough proof to me that I will vote against any legalization of that drug. Their actions made want to vomit. 

        Sadly, it not just that topic. Whenever a topic such as gun/control/restrictions, or abortions, politics and the like come up, and an American speaks their own opinion against those who seems to hold the majority, they get tromped down on. 

        The reality then becomes that in America... you either have to go with the flow, or be beaten down. What kind of message are we allowing to come out to the rest of the world I wonder? Perhaps that Americans are just big bullies? Once again it makes me want to vomit, knowing that so many Americans are simply cruel to whomever is different than them. 

         It may not be Racism... but it's and "..ism" none the less and it's taking away from everyone who is part of this world. I think people need to take the time to listen to the opposite sides and then accept, not browbeat. Those that do... browbeat others... aren't human.

© 2014 Kaitlynn A. Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree with most of your sentiments. Too much hatred. Too much condemnation. Too much vitriol. Where's the compassion. Where's the understanding. Where's the empathy? Where's the freedom? The dogma of ideologues is ripping humanity apart… whether it's intellectual, political, social, ecological, or religious dogma. This country, indeed the world, is sinking in a morass of ideologues, slavishly devoted to their narrow dogma.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I agree with most of your sentiments. Too much hatred. Too much condemnation. Too much vitriol. Where's the compassion. Where's the understanding. Where's the empathy? Where's the freedom? The dogma of ideologues is ripping humanity apart… whether it's intellectual, political, social, ecological, or religious dogma. This country, indeed the world, is sinking in a morass of ideologues, slavishly devoted to their narrow dogma.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Added on November 6, 2014
Last Updated on November 6, 2014

Author

Kaitlynn A. Black
Kaitlynn A. Black

NC



About
Giggles or Snickers?Only you can decide! Scribbles Are Amazing!and remember to ALWAYS:Stay positive, be positive and smile lots! Regarding Turkey!Break and Then Slice! I hope ever.. more..

Writing