Dear Holiday Season

Dear Holiday Season

A Story by Kaitlynn A. Black
"

It's just one of those pet peeve type of things! =D

"

Dear Holiday Season,

                I do have a reason, though it’s not made of haste, to write to you today about your lack of cheer and delivery waste. Though I’m sure that your intent is indeed solid and sincere, but why is it that from dangerous Fed-Ex Trucks and Vans of Brown, I must veer? Then at the door, on this day or that, I see you’ve brought me more of that packaging and crap; like overly bound, multilayered, bubbled and bound death wrap!

                So please if you would, kind Holiday Season, think of those with less, as your wastefulness is treason. The world only has so much and I think you’ve got your share. You don’t need to over-package that simple little teddy bear. Just keep it clean and bring it quick, so I don’t feel like I have to go bash the UPS store clerk with a giant plastic wrapped stick!

                It’s really not hard, what I’ve brought before you today. For less demonic twist ties, I’d be glad to pay. You say your stores are holy and have everything I need, but listen now and be sure to take heed! How can you present yourself to be Santa’s friendly Elves, when there is more packaging than toys, in your stores and upon your shelves! Simple and neat is all I ask… Please don’t make me wear my, be good mask. For if you do, I cannot guarantee that you’ll continue to live, in this land of the free.

                To everyone else who ships and wraps from rolled paper sleeves… I’m sorry If I’ve offended, over packaging is one of my biggest pet peeves.

 

Sincerely with Joy and Love,

Kate

© 2014 Kaitlynn A. Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thoroughly enjoyed your holiday letter. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kaitlynn A. Black

9 Years Ago

Thank you! =D
Ha. This was cute and has a lot of truth in it. I'm glad you shared.
Cheers.
Unspoken_hero

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kaitlynn A. Black

9 Years Ago

Thanks! =D Cute is always a good thing!
unspoken_hero

9 Years Ago

I have not been on in a while. I'm glad to see you still writing I always liked your work. Keep it u.. read more
A humorous and pointed open letter on the wasteful greed and gluttony of this season that is supposed to be about gratitude!

Please enter this in my Make Us Laugh contest.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kaitlynn A. Black

9 Years Ago

I'm glad it came across as funny! =D
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

It did. We must learn to laugh at human foibles -- else we've nothing left but to cry.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 22, 2014
Last Updated on November 22, 2014

Author

Kaitlynn A. Black
Kaitlynn A. Black

NC



About
Giggles or Snickers?Only you can decide! Scribbles Are Amazing!and remember to ALWAYS:Stay positive, be positive and smile lots! Regarding Turkey!Break and Then Slice! I hope ever.. more..

Writing