Flashback

Flashback

A Chapter by Blut Gemalt Rosen

"Why are you wasting your time on such a thing?" The voice seemed distant "Are you even listening, Elisabeth? ELISABETH!" She was jolted up by ice water splashed onto her face by her own mother. "Wasting time! Per usual. Why don't you go and try to find a weekend job like the rest of the teenagers your age? Instead of wasting your life on scribbles?!" She knew to just stay quiet and her mother would go away eventually. "You'll never amount to anything at this rate!" Lizzie looked at the clock and it was almost noon, which is why her mother was screaming again. She hadn't even changed out of her school clothes from the Friday before and realized she had passed out with her sketchbook in her hand sometime around four or five in the morning. She rubbed her eyes and started to gather her art things into her messenger bag, paying almost no mind to the constant yells of disapproval. She slings her messenger bag over her shoulder and heads for her bedroom door. "You aren't going out like THAT are you??" More scolds of disapproval from her mother.
"Yup." Lizzie replies and walks out.
"And just where do you think you're going?" she's harshly questioned.
"Out." And she closes the front door behind her, combing her hair with her fingers as she solemnly started down the street.
She spent the day just walking the streets and thinking, almost forgetting she had to go home, but definitely dreading it. She heads home as the sun starts to sink below the trees, and soon the horizon, as the street lamps flicker on one by one. Walking in, she's met with a look that could kill from the woman in the chair. Trying to ignore it, she goes to the kitchen and makes herself a sandwich, and takes it to her room as she removes her bag from her shoulder along the way. Pushing her door open, she drops everything in shock and disgust.
"Where's my stuff..?" She calls back to her mother. Staring at empty walls and empty jars once filled with pens and markers.
"I took care of it." Her mother states back
"Took care of it?? Give me my stuff back!!" She storms into the living room, furious.
"Have fun in the dumpster, then, sweetie." She states, filing her nails without looking up.
"Dumpster? DUMPSTER?!!" There was a sound of glass breaking inside her as she took the hardback book she had left, draws back - and swings it forward with all her might.
Lizzie jolted forward, but realized she was restrained on a hospital bed and her two best friends talking with the doctor outside. Reven notices her movement and darts in the door leaving Adriella still discussing things with the doctor.
"Lizzie!"
"Get me the f**k out of this thing!!" She squirms impatiently
"Liz, stop, hold on." He unfastens the safety straps holding her down. "Calm down, please, You have to."
"The hell I do, why the f**k am i here?" She goes to snatch the IVs out of her arm but Reven stops her.
"You had a seizure, you got way too upset. Do you even remember last night?" he looks up at her with a butterfly stitch on his cheek.
"Not at all. And I don't care." she scowls at him. He sighs.
Lizzie hadn't cared much about anything since her first snap. She had sone nothing but try to kill herself since she was released from care to her two best friends after almost a whole year. They tried their best to accommodate and help her without having to call the white coats and having to send her back- something they dreaded and feared but a move they were starting to seriously think about. She was getting out of hand again


© 2016 Blut Gemalt Rosen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on May 22, 2016
Last Updated on May 22, 2016


Author

Blut Gemalt Rosen
Blut Gemalt Rosen

Lynn Haven, FL



About
**PLEASE REVIEW MY WRITINGS- WOULD APPRECIATE IT** Welcome to my personal corner of hell... the darkest and most insecure parts of my jumbled, fragile, mind- which include anything from brain vo.. more..

Writing