The Necromancer Chapter 1 (part 4)

The Necromancer Chapter 1 (part 4)

A Story by Desy
"

the continuation of The Necromancer

"

I found myself frowning at the four-story cop building, wondering why I agreed to our little field trip. I could be home cuddled up with my fuzzy blanket, sipping on some hot cocoa.

“Za’Riyah?” I questioned.



“Yes, ” she replies back bubbly.



“Yea, why are we at the cop station at midnight.” She hits her palm in the middle of her forehead.



“I seriously keep forgetting, you think your human, so you don’t know.” I put my hands on my hips waiting to be amazed. She smiles and begins walking inside. Ugh, why oh why did I agree to this, tonight.



She suddenly stops in front of the elevator.

“Please tell me this isn’t the big surprise because it sucks.” She shakes her head, no.



“Push the elevator button, I would but I’m too preoccupied with being dead.” I know your wondering from the many movies shouldn’t she be able to push the button herself? Well, the answer is sort of complicated. So here’s a little Ghost 101.



Ghost, especially the ones who been dead longer have better control with physical objects. The weaker ones can push buttons, knock things over, while the average ghost, one who isn’t weak nor strong, can interfere with electricity and even the climate in a particular room. The stronger ones, the headaches I suggest everyone steer clear from, can body jump, meaning they’ll take over your body, and dump your body into their dead one. I shiver thinking back to that experience.



BUT something that most people don’t know is Ghost operate the same way the living do. Just as we need food, water, the basic necessities to survive, ghost need something along the same lines. They need to frequently return back to the place they were killed in order to recharge. I know it sounds totally bizarre, but it’s true. I met a ghost who was so adamant about not going back to his DP, otherwise known as Death Place, that he disappeared. And when a ghost disappears it’s not a good thing, they don’t get a choice to go to Heaven or Hell. I don’t know what happens for sure, but I assume they are stuck in limbo or maybes some different astral plane.



We step inside the elevator and I wait to be amazed, once more. When it doesn’t happen, I turn to face Za’Riyah.



“Patience non-human. Place your hands on the elevator buttons.” I do exactly as she tells me, getting ready to ghost slap her if she’s playing a practical joke. “Now repeat these words. The leaves in Faeven are always golden in the spring.” I snort.



“You can’t be serious, Riyah.” I glare at her. “I'm not saying that, besides what the hell is a Favon.”



“Faeven.” She enunciates each word slowly.



“Same thing.”



“No it is not, the name is Faeven, and you must pronounce it correctly if you want this to work. I would do it but you know I’m preoccupied with being dead and all.” Ghost loved reminding you that they're dead. It sucks.

fairies.”

            “No, silly non-human.” She giggles.

“Fine, fine.” I clear my throat, remembering the pronunciation she used for the word, and repeat it, exactly as she said it.



The elevator squeaks, and the doors slam shut. I jump and take a step back. As I glance at the buttons again, I see a 5th floor highlighted in gold, that was not there before. I turn to look at Riyah, who’s clapping her hands excitedly.

What have I gotten myself into?

© 2018 Desy


Author's Note

Desy
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on January 14, 2018
Last Updated on January 14, 2018
Tags: ghost, dragons, necromancer, king, queen, fairies, supernatural

Author

Desy
Desy

Lancaster, TX



About
Writing is my passion, I started at a young age of 10 out of boredom. Before long, I find myself writing and completing my first novel at the tender age of 13. I knew then that this was something I wa.. more..

Writing