Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Yue Zhang

The leaves rustled as the wind brushed through them, giving the darkening sky the summery feeling it was supposed to have. The crickets sang softly but harmoniously somewhere in the field. The wind tiptoed into the bedroom, and wisped Fanny's hair around. "Darn, I'll have to brush it all again." She muttered to the mirror. Sitting in her nightgown, facing the mirror with only the setting sun to guide her eyes, Fanny reluctantly put down her wooden hairbrush. She tip-toed over to the open window, closed her eyes , lifted her hands, and took in a deep breath, "Summer's finally here!" Somewhere in the vicinity a dog barked in response. "Ye who is faithful." Fanny pulled the white curtains together, but they continued to dance, billowing gracefully. Unrestrained. The bed welcomed her, molding to hold her more comfortably. "Good night." She said into the darkness, and fell into a deep slumber. 


© 2011 Yue Zhang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on April 8, 2011
Last Updated on April 8, 2011


Author

Yue Zhang
Yue Zhang

AZ



About
Hello reader, my name is Jenny Zhang, and I am a teen author. Hopefully, someday my books will become best sellers. If you have read one of my unfinished books, and wish to read more, please message .. more..

Writing