THE INVISIBLE

THE INVISIBLE

A Story by A Boy In The World

The little girl sits in the corner of her room and cries.

She sits there late in the evening and weeps as the darkness of the night curls all around her. Nobody knows, and to her it feels like nobody cares. It has been like this for some time. The joy that she once knew, as only a child can ever know, was one day just gone.

All of her toys lay scattered across the floor, untouched and forgotten, her pens and inks, paint pots and paper all remain tucked away in her desk drawer hidden from her sight.

The magic is gone...and so she weeps.

I stand there as a ghost and watch, she does not know I am there -- there is no way for me to reach her and give comfort.  I scream at her sleeping parents, but they slumber on and make not a single stir.

I watch...I watch the tears slide down her face like tiny porcelain beads glittering in the moonlight, I watch her cross her legs and tuck them under one another as she gazes out her window to the starless night sky.

I yearn to comfort her, but she sees me not.

© 2013 A Boy In The World


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is the second story I read from this author and after reading it I had to go back and read his bio simply because I needed to know more about this incredible author. Great piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A Boy In The World

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the kind words. Very appreciated.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 8, 2013
Last Updated on April 8, 2013

Author

A Boy In The World
A Boy In The World

Canada



About
I AM A CANADIAN. I WAS BORN AND RAISED ON THE PRAIRIES OF MANITOBA, WHERE I AM CURRENTLY STILL LIVING. YES...ITS COLD HERE IN THE WINTER. I am a cook. I have been in the professional culinary field.. more..

Writing