Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
If life were a movie.

If life were a movie.

A Story by BrandonDawson
"

General Writing Piece.

"
If life was a movie

We often just sit here and pretend that our lives are something they’re not. Pretending and hoping that our lives will somehow turn out to be like one of our favourite movies. The girl will get her knight in shining armour. The outcast will get the girl of his dreams. Pain only lasts about 20 minutes. And there’s always that somebody that you care about who always has your back. The reality of it is; the girl gets fucked around by a guy that was in it for the wrong reasons. The outcast will be bullied and end up alone. Pain seems to last for a lifetime. And that person you care about is never there when you need them to be.
If this life were a movie we would always know how to explain exactly how we’re feeling, the person we long for would see how much they mean to us. Instead we sit speechless, stunned, wishing we had a script to read from rather than watching the one we long for walking away thinking they mean nothing to us and finding something new.
If life were a movie, we would always have that song we need to hear playing in the background during the moment we need it most. In reality, when we need that song , the song that would keep us going for that moment longer, all we hear are the heavy breaths before the tears come streaming down your face and the gaps of awkward silences that should have been filled with a warm embrace.
If life were a movie, it would be like one of those dreams that are so heart-breakingly beautiful that it feels like pure agony just to stay awake. But in this life the only heartbreak is derived from pain, never beauty, and with that comes misery. We often make our own misery and we end up clinging to it even when we want it to change so badly, because in reality; misery is the only thing we really know. The misery is comfortable
That’s the reality of life. We sit here waiting endlessly for someone to pick up their phone and ask us if we’re okay, or to tell us that they miss us. But sadly 9 out of those 10 times that you need them, they are nowhere to be found, they’re gone without a trace. Because if this life were a movie; not every occasion would feel like a funeral, we wouldn’t be sitting in a room with a million people and still feeling alone, we wouldn’t see familiar faces and end up knowing none of them, we wouldn’t be so full of life and yet feel so dead. Because the truth of it all is, if my life was a movie, you’d be here by now.

© 2014 BrandonDawson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on March 2, 2014
Last Updated on March 2, 2014
Tags: Brandon Dawson, short story, descriptive, movie, life, difference, love, friends.

Author

BrandonDawson
BrandonDawson

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa



About
A student currently studying, Journalism at Rhodes University in South Africa. Keen writer of stories, short stories, plays and informative journals, etc. Trying to get experience in the field of wr.. more..

Writing
The box. The box.

A Story by BrandonDawson