The Haunting

The Haunting

A Story by Breaga O'Callaghan
"

The hunter becomes the hunted...

"

A young girl, by a forest, shivering with uncontrollable fear; of being alone, on a cold, dark night.

The wind whispers to her, come, come, and the trees beckon, extending long, cruel claws.

She turns and flees, stumbling, slipping on the icy ground, then runs into an old, crumbling mansion.

She collapses in a heap, cobwebs tangling in her hair, sobs racking her body.

From the still shroud of night, a man steps forward.

Knife in hand, he follows the sound of the girl sobbing, twisting his knife so it glints in the cold moonlight.

A scream pierces the air, but nobody hears.

Footsteps sound, a creature of the night, more deadly than the man himself.

He reaches for the girl in a vain attempt to shield himself, but she has disappeared.

She lies outside, unmoving, a cold, pale corpse on the icy ground.

© 2012 Breaga O'Callaghan


Author's Note

Breaga O'Callaghan
Please comment :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very short story. I like the feel of fear and a bad situation. Could be expanded into a powerful tale of mystery and struggle. I hope to read more. You have a good imagination and can tell a story. A excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 8, 2012
Last Updated on February 8, 2012

Author

Breaga O'Callaghan
Breaga O'Callaghan

About
Hi, I'm Breaga O'Callaghan. (My name is a pen name, and not my real name). I am 15 years old and an avid reader and writer. more..

Writing