Genesis - Inception.

Genesis - Inception.

A Chapter by Brett Nortje
"

This chapter is an account of my initial convergence on the debating scene, as I only used my computer for games and chatting on internet relay chat before that. Oh, and playing music...

"
This was quite a dream I had so long ago. I was at a party where I was supposed to cry... wait, let me start at the beginning? This was the night of my life, a party just for me, so that was good, but a party supposed to fill me with sorrow and self preservation. Yes, it was a party to remember. My old peers set this up, or, someone did, where people watched me on virtual rendering of the life I had led. Things like me going to the toilet, eating sloppily, and, falling off my bike no doubt, these were things to behold on the projector, and, it was so noisy that I had no idea what was going on.
Of course, I survived, knot knowing what was going on, but, it seemed to me that, well, my fine self, was quite important! Yes, it seemed to be that the night was there for a reason, and sitting in my room Sunday, I found that maybe I was.. could it be... a person in the bible! Good mother, this was quite a idea - could I be... thinking back... worshipped like that for a reason? What brought this surprise party about, was it a sign that I was destined for greatness? Quickly I remembered the passage of 'a great beat that was greatness personified' and began to read...
It was not what I remembered, it was better! Yes, I decided that this was me, or that one, upon finding another "beast." Yes, this one or that one, I was sure of it! No chance, this world had no chance, i was going to rule with impunity and crush my future enemies.
That didn't work out too well...
When I was thinking of this, people thought it was strange, They read the same thing with me, using spirit boards to find out what I was doing, as I now know, and they decided that I was actually this woman, sort of. As I yearned for power and money, and, other things, i was accosted by women that seemed to like me, and, want something to do with me. This was strange, what would I do now, "Get away!" I would tell them in my mind, butt hey just kept coming. This was very disappointing. Where were the beasts and ugly monsters that i read about, were they waiting for me... here or there? Maybe I should go there in the night life scene and find out what was there.
Little did I know the community found this hilarious and planned things for me there too...
After a long while of this, i decided to just stay at home and write about a game that I wanted to present to the world. This was when I got into writing and found people seemed to be enthralled. This was the spark that set my mind to productive, and, we all know how that ended up, but that is much later...


© 2018 Brett Nortje


Author's Note

Brett Nortje
Please do not fix my grammar, it is my own writing, please ignore the grammar problems. It is easy to understand and follow as it is.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on August 3, 2018
Last Updated on August 3, 2018
Tags: In the beginning.


Author

Brett Nortje
Brett Nortje

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa



About
I have been writing on and off for about a decade now, and, have fun critiquing the work of others, as well as learning about my own flavour. more..

Writing