Chapter 6, part 2: Angel of Death

Chapter 6, part 2: Angel of Death

A Chapter by Kaybrie93

Chapter 6: Angel of Death, part 2

 

            Bang. Bang. Bang.

Three consecutive gun shots thumped, as the lifeless body plummeted to the ground, quickly being braced by the unforgiving concrete ground. Suddenly the death that haunted the Gate’s family had happened. It was over. Gently, the struggling heartbeats stopped, and innocent blood bubbled around the bullets. An essence of darkness soon drifted the murky ally, as the angel of death came to claim the soul of the deceased.


Only moments earlier, the evening was calm. Night had official settled in, and the effects of the earlier thunderstorm covered everything in a damp layer of muddy rainwater.

Pulling into the dimly lit alleyway, Noah shyly spilled from his car. The thoughts of prison haunted him, but not more than those of his family’s disapproval.  He was determined to put an end to it. No more games.  At only fifteen, his friends introduced him to this life, but he was determined to change it, despite if Haroon agreed or not.

If only Haroon had decided to do something productive with his life, he would have gotten far. He wasn’t just a back alley drug-dealer… he owned the entire Upper East side of Sandalwood, North Carolina.  He was what Noah called, a high-end thug. He would never be caught in anything but his thousand dollar suits, designer shoes, and gold jewelry. Even his arsenal of guns were top of the line.

 

He took pride in his tactics, and rather than sending his minions to do his dirty work, he and his (illegally possessed) altered machine guns and backup glock-18 did the trick. Which is why Noah was surprised when he arrived, and Haroon wasn’t there.  Instead, three men stood at the end of the ally, guns in toe.  They just watched as Noah slowly approached. Spitting his Tabaco to the ground, the tallest took a step forward. “You got somthin’ for meh?”

            Somewhat relieved to see fresh faces, and not Haroon, he slowly spoke up, “I’m not in that business anymore. I came to tell Haroon I’m done, I can’t be his little flunky anymore

 

            Nearly chuckling, the second man leaned down to pick up a rock, “Something tells me that won’t work out too good for ya, my boy.” Polishing the rock in his hands, with almost a sinister look, he took a step closer, and handed it to Noah.  Now, we can’t go back empty handed. We either leave here with that money, or with your blood dripping from our fingers.”

            Staring at the men, Noah realized there were hardly any ways out of this one, and covertly plotted the best route to run.

            After hearing the relieving sound of a cellphone ringing, Noah figured it would be the perfect distraction. With no notice, he took off running. Slipping past their SUV, which was backed in, blocking the entire ally, he ran; but quickly stopped when he felt a cold hand pinch the back of his neck. It roughly lifted away, but was suddenly replaced by the cold, metal barrel of a gun.

            Holding his breath, Noah waited for it to happen. He could almost feel the taste of cold metal dripping down his throat, and his heart thumped so fast he was practically shaking. Pinching his eyes shut, he prayed.

“You make this so easy,” the man chuckled as his finger swayed and prepared to pull the trigger.

Pulling the trigger one time, he threw the gun down. Hesitantly, Noah opened his eyes to find he was still standing. Turning back to face the man, he saw him fidget with his gun.  “TURN AROUND!” he frustratingly yelled, as he cocked it, and shot a warning shot into the sky.  Quickly, the gun resumed its position; pressed tightly against the back of Noah’s head. Just as the man was about to pull the trigger, a car approached. Tightly grabbing Noah’s arm, he pulled the gun down and pressed it against his back, as he slung around to face the approaching vehicle.

“Mom?” Noah whispered as he ducked down and squinted his eyes, to be sure.

 

Stop!! Stop!” she pleaded, as she stood from the car, with her arms raised high. “Please stop, I’m the one you want, not him…you know it!

 

            With tears uncontrollably streaming down her face, she continued in her slow steady pace. “one foot in front of the other” she thought to herself. If she could only get that gun away from her son, she could retaliate, but she had to know he was safe first.

 

 Don’t take another step,” the man calmly warned, but Roselyn didn’t respond. “I know what this is about, and it has nothing to do with him…please” she begged.  

 

            Mom!...what are you talking about? I’m fine, just go!” he pleaded. “Please mom, go!

            Never stopping, Roselyn was slowly approaching the men, with her arms raised high. The tips of her blouse raised just enough to reveal a gun tucked into her waistline.

 

            I SAID STOP!!” the man shouted, when he spotted it, but she did not.

 

Bang. Bang. Bang.

            Three consecutive gun shots thudded as they pierced the skin of Roselyn C. Gates.  Slumping to the ground, she caught herself with one arm, and attempted to stand, but could not. Helplessly she lay, struggling to get up. Whipping the gun from her waist, she tried to hold it up, but the man kicked it out of her hand.

            Soon, all three men looked at each other in sudden agreement. Letting go of his arm, the tallest man pushed Noah to the ground, and jumped into his car. As quickly as they came, the men were gone.

           

Mom?!” he shrieked, as he ran to her and fell to the ground. Cushioning her head on his lap, he dug through his pockets for a phone. “Hey, stay awake. You’re gonna be fine! You’re gonna be fine, I promise. It’s not that bad…” he optimistically assured her.

           

            Shakily pulling a card from her pocket, she buried it deep in his palm, struggling to force a smile. “It’s okay, honey” she feebly assured. Struggling to pry her eyes open, she said it once more “It’s okay,” before her eyes closed one last time, and her head slumped back.  Finally it was done.  Miles away, Danni felt sudden relief from the looming feeling of death, but this only terrified her more. This sudden feeling of euphoria could only mean one thing.

            Suddenly, she found it hard to breathe. Grasping her chest for air, she clinched onto her father’s arm tightly. Daniel abruptly turned his head to meet the source of the crackling and gasping sounds.  His reflexes were impaired by the alcohol he drunk at the party, not long ago, so it took him a second to realize what was happening.

            Just as they were approaching a sharp bend in the road, he flung his arms from the steering wheel and leaned over to brace his daughter. Grabbing the base of her cheeks he pressed her face close to his “Deep breaths honey, breathe. You’re just having an asthma attack. It’s okay, just focus on breathing

            …but soon her anxiety was tripled. She struggled to pry her father’s eyes from her long enough to see their car was headed for a ditch. It didn’t take long for Daniel to get the message, because he sharply grabbed hold of the wheel, swerving around, he struggled to regain control. Veering around oncoming traffic, the wet slippery roads, high blood alcohol levels, dimly lit and scarcely placed street lamps got the best of him.

            Before he knew it, their car was upside down at the bottom of the cliff. Moments later, Daniel pried his eyes open and wiped enough blood from them to see his daughter laying lifelessly, with her head slumped against the broken glass. “Danni?” he whispered one time, before losing consciousness.



© 2012 Kaybrie93


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

it's not really my type of reading but it's very will written and you should be proud :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kaybrie93

11 Years Ago

Thx :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Added on August 15, 2012
Last Updated on August 15, 2012
Tags: Behind the gates, drama, teen, fiction, family, chapter 6


Author

Kaybrie93
Kaybrie93

KS



About
I love writing! I'd say teen drama/fiction, is my forte. I may upload a lot of unfinished literary pieces, but that's only cause they're all unfinished!... don't worry, I'm working on fixing that :) more..

Writing



Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)