You know what this is..

You know what this is..

A Chapter by Annabray

8:00 pm

In My Room

I brushed my long wet hair as I watched the news. I’d just taken a shower and it probably was not the best idea. I had about a half hour to think about anything. I thought about that dude at the gym and I thought about Trevor. I tried not to think about what Trevor was hiding from me. I was still wondering why Drew never came over.

 

Monday, July 6. 8:30 am

Eating Breakfast

I stared into my bowl of cereal wondering why everyone could still be asleep on such a beautiful morning. I never really slept in late. I usually get up at nine, even on the weekends. Most of the time I just watch TV and help myself to a second bowl of cereal, but today I decided to go for a run.

 

9:00ish...

Somewhere on a Back Road

So far I have ran past 3 couples enjoying the morning and 7 peopling walking their dogs. I even saw someone walking a cat, but what do you expect when you live in California. Seriously, they carry little puppies in purses.

10:30 a.m.

 

Finally Home

I walked through the door expecting my mother to be in the kitchen. But when I walked into our beautiful (professionally designed) kitchen she wasn’t there. It’s actually weird, most peoples homes when you walk through the door you’re in the living room. Ours, you’re more likely to run into a stove then a couch. Well, I wouldn’t be surprised if you tripped over Trevor’s skateboard. When you think of a kitchen don’t you think of a stove, refrigerator, and a sink? That’s not exactly what my mom had in mind. When you walk in through the front door you would most likely first notice the cream colored walls and the green bar. It has a marble top and my mom always keeps it stocked with her “special drinks” as she likes to call it. The bar is a circle, right smack down in the middle of the kitchen. It has an opening so you can get to the drinks.  Around two corners of the room is a lighter green counter top with light brown cabinets above. That’s where we keep our good china for “important people”. Most of the time we order take out or eat TV dinners. Healthy. Not. Our refrigerator takes up half of the other corner, it’s pretty big. Then the other half is a little table with our microwave on it, the microwave has a toaster hooked on (weird). Above it is another cabinet that has cereal and canned foods. Finally, the last corner has the stove. My mom is always up with the new ovens. She loves to cook, but she says she “never” has time to cook and that we don’t “appreciate” her time and effort she puts into it. Next to the oven is a little spice rack, with practically every spice known to man. I walked into the living room with a bottle of water and an apple. I dropped them and nearly screamed. On the couch, was my mother, and a guy maybe five years older than me, making out. Well, from what I could tell it looked like a little more than some friendly kissing. They both jumped and pulled apart so fast for a second I thought I imagined it.

“Mom!” I yelled.

“Honey!” she said out of breath. “I thought you weren’t home”.

“I wasn’t, I went for a run” I said, “and don’t you try to change the subject on me”.

“I think I should go”, said the way to young guy.

“Yeah, I think you should too”, I snapped.

“Darling, we don’t talk like that to our guest”, she said in a forced sweet voice.

“I don’t care how I’m supposed to talk to a guest, he isn’t even a guest!” I practically screamed.

“If I invited him here he is a guest”, she said in a firm voice.

“Whatever, I don’t care what your doing with him. I’m going to Adam’s. Just do me a favor and don’t have sex while I’m home,” walking towards the door.

“Do not be a smart a*s with me, and your not going anywhere you’re grounded,” she said like she just won.

“Like I care”, I said as I opened the door. “Don’t wait up, I dunno what time I’ll be home” I said as I shut the door behind me.



© 2010 Annabray


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow ok liked this chapter nice read I enjoyed it :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Added on June 2, 2010
Last Updated on June 2, 2010


Author

Annabray
Annabray

Percy, IL



About
Im Brianna.. I really dont know what to say about myself. And Jarin here isnt helping, all he can come up with is that im an amazing person. =) I like to write, but nawt as much as i like to read. Im .. more..

Writing
Out Of Sight Out Of Sight

A Story by Annabray