WHAT HAPPENED TO FREEDOM

WHAT HAPPENED TO FREEDOM

A Poem by Brian Kraklau

when i look back at the times ive spent wasting on little useless details, it makes me sick, to think that i let these stupid details get in the way of showing the truth, the simple corrections that people fail to understand are deliberater to simply bring forward a higher truth, i look back at those days drowned in the poisons of all kinds, times where the smoke rings were all i had to simply release the air of its pressure, those of you may see that this idealistic view may be wrong, but understand that it is not if the mind is already up in ties and knots, how can one human live in this world without destroying themselves in sedation, every time i turned on the television or picked up the news of more blood stains, more death, more hate, more difference, who really cares what our brothers and sisters do, why force them into a smaller grave than we already sit in, why not let eachother be free to make the choice and learn consequence, why impose that we are all wrong and one is right, i say freedom should be brought back to life, why have we given up, what are we doing letting those fat pigs push us arround, well i see why some people dont eat pigs, theyre f*****g dirty in their own s**t, i would rather die than let some lowly animal like that controll my world, by dropping bombs on my family no matter how distant, how is it you all let this hate take controll, what happened to free will, freedom is dead in these days, rise people, rise and butcher these GOD FORSAKEN PIGS, I WILL DIE FOR MY FREEDOM!

© 2011 Brian Kraklau


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this poem speaks with so much emotion. you have really done well on expressing your self. and i totally agree with you, whatever happened to human rights?!!!
i can imagine this as a speech, and if you did say this as a speach, i would listen. :)

nice job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like this...we could write and speak of Freedom all day long and there would be so many thoughts to share...it is a priviledge to be a part of this country and we may speak of it as a right but that was won when this country first seeked to be free from the tyranny of living under rule of other countries...we are now in a moment where our rights and Freedom are beginning to be tested...and not from other countries but from within...let us hope that everyone realizes the priviledge of living here in the USA to enjoy ...Freedom!

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow....i felt the over whelmed by the emotion...you seem to feel so incredibly strong about what you've written and i must say bravo! well written, pieced together wonderful, 2 thumbs up

Posted 13 Years Ago


in my opinion the oppressed community of to day is placed upon the shoulders of the young generations i feel those older people the people who have already had a hand in this world should retire and be used for knowledge and give those who haven't even spread their wings a chance to burst through the elders branches that have sheltered us and babied us now is the time for us young people to stand up. yes this has happened multiple times in the years past, but we have been waiting too long to give the innocent a voice and cry out to those above for freedom

Posted 13 Years Ago


Freedom is only something, if we place a value upon it. Sadly, too many people are living their lives in fear, and are willing to suffer what our ancestor fought for and paid with their lives. It takes courage to stand up and demand your rights be respected by the society, especially when you are minority, easily opposed by the masses. Such is the struggle of the Transgender community. Great rant!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Freedom is an illusion. We think we're free, but we're not. Look what happened to JFK. Freedom is like a trust-fund whoever put it there can take it away at any moment if you abuse it. Great poem though.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can see where they idea politics comes into this as many reffer to politians as "pigs". Overall this is a good write. The passage "who really cares what our brothers and sisters do" why should one not care? If no one cared then this world really be consumed in this blood shed and hatred you speack of. Its called a consious it's what makes us think before our actions unless were only out to this world for oursleves.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this poem speaks with so much emotion. you have really done well on expressing your self. and i totally agree with you, whatever happened to human rights?!!!
i can imagine this as a speech, and if you did say this as a speach, i would listen. :)

nice job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoyed this poem! I felt like I could identify with it according to my own experiences. It was cathartic to read because of that fact. My favorite line was 'how can one human live in this world without destroying themselves in sedation" because I feel like this is very true about people now a day that they cannot cope without sedating themselves, be it via substance or emotional pacifiers. Someone once said to me that people beg to be free, but if you take a train off of it's tracks, it is free (but will go nowhere). This suggests that freedom is not enough and requires a purposeful usage. Your reference of pigs also reminded me of Animal Farm (one of the greatest books ever written about man). Lastly, I liked your powerful conclusion

Other suggestions:
-"are deliberater " This is not a word. I would suggest simply going with 'deliberate' or 'more deliberate'
-Gotta uppercase all of those lowercase I's!
-"times ive" missing a '
-"arround" extra R there

Posted 13 Years Ago


Freedom is important. Sadly as far as i know the American people suffer from a kind of mass hypnosis... tiresome jobs followed by hours of television and roaming around in malls. The american people need to stand up against the false policies of their government. And the present monetary system is solely based on interest and banking. That is the underlying cause for the widening gap between the rich and the poor... The American people should raise their voice against the unjust wars America has so willingly sparked off in many parts of the world... It needs to grow from the world BULLY to world power... I would like to quote J.F.KENNEDY's speech before his horrible assassination... "We are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covet means for expanding it's sphere of influence, on infiltration instead of invasion, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day... It's preparations are concealed, not published... It's mistakes are buried, not headlined... It's dissenters are silenced, not praised... no expenditure is questioned, no secret is revealed..." Wake up call by the slain Prez... Wonderful write man!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Freedom, democracy, of the people for the people... all becoming a joke. Indeed we all need to act NOW. At the very least we need to make sure our reps know what we feel and we need to vote accordingly. Very strong emotion conveyed in your writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 20, 2011
Last Updated on January 20, 2011

Author

Brian Kraklau
Brian Kraklau

Las Vegas, NV



About
just another human trying to analyze this reality from my own limited perspective. I'm here, there, and throughout each word i write. perhaps in time I could find myself within this mess. outside of t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Man Man

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Inner Struggle Inner Struggle

A Poem by A.Lee