The Reunion

The Reunion

A Poem by Brian K. Walters

The Reunion

Sitting here staring at an empty wall while chasing shadows in my mind,
Wonderful memories appear like flash bulbs revealing a priceless glimpse in time.
Slowly, my lifeless eyes drift to the floor while everything around me ceases to exist.
There in my sacred world, you appear and the warmth of your eyes grant my wish.

Like sand through my fingers, these precious memories begin to slip away.
Trying to hold on, I close my eyes and dread the birth of oncoming days.
How do I allow myself this impossible betrayal, to let go and say goodbye?
When without, you my world collapsed into nothing and my soul died.

Oh how I long to be whole again, simply by the velvet of your skin beneath my touch.
I wonder if you really know just how much you filled my life. I miss you so much.
I remember, how the soft morning sun would give your hair a warm golden glow.
How honored I felt, just to witness the magic of your smile and receive the love you showed.

The subtle music of your laughter, will always echo in my heart.
I pray you will forever know my love will never part.
In your caring and unselfish way, you would ask me to let go and move on in my life.
Please forgive me, this I can not do, for until I breathe my last breath you are my wife.

So here I sit every night, chasing shadows and staring at an empty wall.
Holding on to fading memories, while tenderly cherishing them all.
Anxiously, I wait to slip away into our sacred world for the last time.
To reunite with the woman I love, and once again take her velvet hands into mine.

Brian K. Walters

© 2008 Brian K. Walters


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on February 11, 2008

Author

Brian K. Walters
Brian K. Walters

MI



About
I have always loved to write.I have been through a lot in my life yet I don't feel I should limit my writings to being just about me. Although some of my poems are about me and my own personal experie.. more..

Writing