Preface: Lagoria

Preface: Lagoria

A Chapter by LittanyHickenson
"

Lagoria's story to start off the book.

"
Year 4,783. I LOVED every single one of them. Can you imagine life for that long? I couldn’t. It’s pretty great, seeing all the years pass. Guess you’re kind of wondering how I lived so long. I’m super indestructible. No I’m not a pansy vampire or one of those walking dogs everyone these days are so worked up about. I’m the real deal. I am not some made up creature that people have made millions of bucks on movies about me. No one even knows I exist. What is with kids these days and their fairy tale creatures anyways? Well, I guess I’ve stalled enough. My name is Lagoria Capulka and I am an Anubi. Yes, I know what you’re thinking “….like Anubis?”, and Yes…like Anubis. But if I went into all the details you’d be bored. Basically I have all kinds of super cool abilities, magic powers, if you will. One of my favorites is compulsion, the ability to force my will on others. It’s like being really charismatic, only cooler and more powerful. We can feel the feelings emitting from people and read their minds, helpful to do in this profession. My absolute favorite though, is the elemental magic, earth, air, water, and fire. The only drawback that I can think of is the fact that I need souls to keep my magic and human form strong. The souls that are caught are stored in a jewel that stays on a necklace given by Anubis himself. When my supply is running low, the color of the gem will dim and I begin the hunt for a new victim. The process isn’t gory or gruesome, and my victim never dies because of it; to take a soul I have to make someone fall in love with me, or care about me to the point that they would do anything for me. When they do this, they open up their soul and by doing so they become vulnerable. By kissing them I suck out all their happiness and joy. Easy! Humans take the sudden depression as the result of a bad breakup or broken heart. They are so naïve. They don’t even suspect the existence of something like me. Therefore I live as an ordinary girl attending ordinary high schools, taking victims to avoid the fate of turning into a jackal. I’m not alone, though, my best friend Maguey is with me. Praise Anubis for her.     


© 2013 LittanyHickenson


Author's Note

LittanyHickenson
I have edited this to death, the majority of it though was written by my best friend who helped write this book

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on November 9, 2013
Last Updated on November 9, 2013
Tags: preface, lagoria, fantasy, anubis


Author

LittanyHickenson
LittanyHickenson

AR



About
I enjoy writing and I started this to get feedback on a book me and my friend started in high school. more..

Writing