Preface: Maguey

Preface: Maguey

A Chapter by LittanyHickenson
"

Tells you how this came about.

"

 To scream is all I want. I can’t even scream, and I know I’m about to die. It’s not like anything I do will really affect anyone else. I’ll be dead, people will forget and I will die happy doing at least ONE thing I want. I turn my head to the side, facing the window and the light shines just bright enough to light the room. Reaching for the glass of opaque water I slid gently onto my feet beside the bed. Finally, I can leave here and find some place to scream, I thought. “You shouldn’t be up”, my mother suggests. She was sitting beside the bed, I guess waiting. “I thought you were asleep.” I turned to her resting my hand and half my body on the bed as I let out a wretched cough. “No, Too afraid I’d miss something”, she said laughingly. “My death?” I questioned and she gave a disapproving look. “I just want to go scream or something” I said sitting back onto the bed exhausted. “You can barely talk, don’t worry you won’t suffer much longer” she quickly spoke as she pat my head and left. I looked down at my arms and saw the red spots all over them and plopped backwards onto the bed. I felt my heart begin to race, was it fury, was it fear, or was it death? The world turned black.

 I could barely open my eyes and when I could it was blurry. I saw my mother’s feet and a white dress she held before me, I think asking for approval. A woman I didn’t know was feeling my head and I felt completely crowded. My heart beat faster and faster until I saw him.

 “Anubis?” I spoke in a voice that sounded terrified, mad and sad all at the same time. He just looked at me. I confused went to speak but his voice interrupted mine. “I spare your soul, to save our race. You died a horrible death Maguey and you shall live again” He placed a necklace around my neck that was shining brightly. “Let this die and you will live as unhappy as you died”

 I woke up and could see and was no longer in pain or had the death spots on my arms. I got up and wanted to share the news with my family, but I realized I wasn’t anywhere I recognized. There is a pond beside me and I turned to look into it. My reflection shows a different person. I cry, confused and wanting just my family. “Hey, what’s wrong?” a ruggedly handsome man, with dark hair and almost a foot taller than me said. Something inside me said I want him. “Nothing…now” I smiled. His eyes changed as I spoke to him. His mind said love her and his body followed. I felt in complete control. I blocked his attempt to kiss me. Why did I do that? I thought to myself. He looked at me confusingly. “I want you, take me, please” He said reaching for me. I took his hand, pulled him in and pressed my once dead lips on his warm tingling ones. This kiss felt better than anything before. He pulled away with sadness in his eyes, and walked away. I never saw him again.



© 2013 LittanyHickenson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on November 9, 2013
Last Updated on November 9, 2013


Author

LittanyHickenson
LittanyHickenson

AR



About
I enjoy writing and I started this to get feedback on a book me and my friend started in high school. more..

Writing