A symbolic narcissistic Claim

A symbolic narcissistic Claim

A Poem by Brooksfield
"

It's my way if letting go of the past.

"
You say you know me, But do you understand the meaning of truly knowing someone inside and out. Is it for you to say? or for you to slander. I might as well be a Bag boy that slings your faith, I thought I nothing left of you to hold on to but Does this mean your happy that you know you have left me? You bottle your memories in your locket, I will not hold your hand like the child you are, while you seldomly swear to take the key to claim your throne of secrets., I may not be the first to put you in your place but i know This investment of hearts isn't enough for your game to continuously drain me of my life, it's within reason that you were never able to grasp this chain of events you put into play. At any cost to any human as justification by faith isn't the answer to selfishly hold my life and many others for no other singular reason but to have your past indefinitely slain for tradition. Don't hold my hand i will not be able to bring you peace.

© 2015 Brooksfield


Author's Note

Brooksfield
This is my first ever write on the interwebs, So please if you see anything that look's out of place or just wrong. Please message me an tell me your concerns. Thank you for any support to an new writer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Honestly, I am so surprised that no one has commented on this piece yet... This is beautiful. The last line really brings the piece to life. Amazingly penned. You definitely wrote this well. I love how detailed you made this write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Brooksfield

9 Years Ago

Thank you, i do see some stuff that look's weird about it, thank you for showing me my path, it make.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 6, 2012
Last Updated on August 11, 2015

Author

Brooksfield
Brooksfield

Lawton, OK



About
I'm Thirty-Three years old from Oklahoma. I'm 5'11 in height. brown hair, It grew out and now I've cut it short and dyed it blonde in my pfp. also I'm also not very fond of pictures So the one in my .. more..

Writing